- September 29
- Slash: "Technique can become the main aspiration, but for me, it’s more about expressing some sort of emotional content"
- James Bay – The World Guitar Day interview: "I don’t want to copy. I want to find new ways to make people hear the guitar"
- Tom Morello: "The guitar itself, independent of any lyrics, can be politically revolutionary"
- The greatest guitar riff of the 21st century revealed!
- Guthrie Govan: "The older, wiser player knows in a deep, intuitive way that it’s the quality of the playing that counts"
- Marty Balin, Jefferson Airplane co-founder and guitarist, dies aged 76
- 7 guitar projects to try on World Guitar Day
- Greta Van Fleet’s Jake Kiszka: "I think the guitar still has a lot of evolving to do"
- Hardcore Superstar’s Vic Zino: what the guitar means to me
- September 28
- Review round-up: active-pickup electric guitars
- Orange Amplification reveals reborn Terror Bass
- Rejoice! Logic Pro X 10.4.2 lets you move your Sound Library to an external hard drive
- Mercuriall Audio has recreated the AMT Electronics SS-11 tube preamp in a plugin
- Get in the Zone with Audiaire’s new parameter-sequencing synth plugin
- Get $1000 of gear when you sign up for Joe Satriani's G4 Experience
- September 27
- Akai Fire is the first ever dedicated hardware controller for FL Studio
- The FX files: Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man
- Flashmob's favourite music software
- Cycling ‘74 launches Max 8 and it may just “transform how you imagine sound design”
- Propellerhead’s Reason 10.2 released with new user-requested features
- Hercules DJ announces brand new controllers, including the largest it has ever created
- Loopcloud 3.0 lets you manage your personal sample collection from inside your DAW
- Vember Audio’s Surge synth plugin is now free and open-source
- Ash Soan and Adam Marko join the London Drum Show Main Stage line-up
- September 26
- Review round-up: rotary speaker pedals
- 6 of the best FM synth plugins
- Chris ‘Daddy’ Dave: "People would show up with snare drums just to see if I would play them"
- Tone makers - Analog Man's Mike Piera: "Almost every great guitar hero of mine has used my pedals"
- Thomas Dolby: “I’m a problem solver. I treat problems as creative opportunities”
- Classic album: London Posse on Gangster Chronicle
- September 25
- Chas and Dave played on a classic Eminem track and no-one knew about it
- Blast from the past: MiniKorg-700 and 700s
- Turn your Mac trackpad into a MIDI controller with AudioSwift 2
- Solar Guitars adds four eye-catching new models to its electric line-up
- Fuse Audio Labs’ VPRE-376 is a pocket-money preamp plugin
- Jon Gomm and Mike Dawes to perform at the UK Guitar Show
- September 24
- The Yamaha Montage is all over the new Jaguar I-Pace and you have Richard Devine to thank
- Mutable Instruments Tides module is back and better than before in new 2018 edition
- Spitfire Audio releases another free Labs instrument called Charango
- Klingande: “This will sound weird, but the club never felt like my spiritual home”
- Find out what your synths are really capable of in Novation’s Hack Series
- Josh Dion: "You’re constantly learning about the choices you make, how to make an impact and how to listen to others"
- September 21
- SampleRadar: 252 free future rave samples
- Moog Grandmother - MusicRadar hands-on
- Make Noise René goes 3D in version 2
- 7 reasons why you can't miss the UK Guitar Show
- 10 contemporary guitar virtuosos you need to hear
- Artists can now upload their music direct to Spotify for free
- Classic gear: Fender Telecaster
- Testament/Dragonlord's Eric Peterson - my top 5 tips for guitarists: "I think of my right hand as the drum within my playing; it's in charge of the beat"
- MusicRadar hands-on: Moog DFAM
- September 20
- Check out this teaser video of the Vector Synth
- You now get FM oscillators and classic synth filter types in the Roland Cloud System-8
- UVI’s Drum Designer promises “game-changing” deep sound-shaping control
- Cort has a thirst for Burst with its new Grand Regal acoustic guitar
- Have Supro and Keeley just designed the most pedal-friendly amp yet?
- Issue 336 of Future Music is on sale now
- Issue 337 of Future Music is on sale now
- Christina Vantzou's favourite music software
- The Kite is Thermionic Culture’s latest stereo equalizer to take flight
- Me and my guitar: Frontierer/Sectioned's Dan Stevenson
- Fall Out Boy's Andy Hurley: “For a long time, I had doubts that I could play drums anymore”
- September 19
- Me in my Studio: Matt Calvert
- Revoice Pro 4 is here and introduces a new vibrato warp function
- Affordable DIY synth kit aimed at all ages needs crowdfunding help
- Daft Punk and The Weeknd are being sued over Starboy
- EHX's Mod Rex offers a world of polyrhythmic modulation possibilities
- In pictures: Fender's rarest guitar finishes
- September 18
- Full programme announced for Focusrite guitar recording masterclass at UK Guitar Show
- TC Electronic drops another hardware plugin controller with echoes of the iconic EMT 250 Electronic Reverberator
- Emma Ruth Rundle: "The guitar is so wonderful because there are all these things you can do with it: it’s like developing a landscape"
- Diamond Head's Brian Tatler - my top 5 tips for guitarists: "Listen to the subtleties of players: the vibrato, the tone, good feel. Copy from the greats and mix it all together”
- Tiptop Audio’s Forbidden Planet filter influenced by rare Steiner-Parker synth
- Epiphone unveils Ltd Ed Slash Firebird
- Klevgrand’s new lo-fi effect plugin is positively degrading
- Touché SE is a more affordable software-only version of Expressive E’s musical hand controller
- September 17
- Teenage Engineering’s OP-Z ‘multimedia synth and sequencer’ is finally here
- Gary Numan joins Beck on stage as he covers Cars
- The Art Of Drumming: “Drumming is a beautiful art. It’s a passion, it’s a religion, it’s fun."
- GG Audio puts you in a Spin with its new rotary speaker plugin
- Behind the drums - Dave Mattacks: “By contemporary standards, I’ve no technique to speak of"
- AudioThing’s miniVerb puts ‘80s videogame reverbs in a plugin
- See legendary vintage gear in action at Seven Decades’ live UK Guitar Show performances
- Historic hardware: Gibson's pre-humbucker guitars
- Jason Aldean bassist Tully Kennedy: "Being a studio musician in Nashville is challenging. You don’t spend two days on a song; you’ve got a half-hour"
- Me and my guitar: Blair Dunlop
- September 14
- Countdown to the Guitarist of the Year live finals!
- Yamaha’s MODX is a new mid-priced synth with the Montage's sound engine
- Outlaw Effects’ Nomad pedalboards feature built-in rechargeable power supplies
- James Hunter: “I think guitar playing needs to acknowledge what kind of record it’s on. A solo shouldn’t disappear up its own arse”
- The guitar George Harrison played at The Beatles’ last ever Cavern Club gig sells for £347,000
- September 13
- Apple no longer sells an iPhone with a headphones jack
- iZotope’s RX 7 lets you enhance individual elements within a stereo audio mix and remove or isolate vocals
- Roland’s Juno-DS76 synth is portable but has plenty of performance potential
- Get PAF humbucker tones from your Strat with Seymour Duncan and Billy Gibbons’ ‘Red Devil for Strat’ guitar pickups
- British rock drumming superstar Eddy Thrower joins the London Drum Show line-up
- Roland's new entry-level TD-1DMK V-Drum kit revealed
- Kris Barras: “I think I was always looking for more with guitar and I wanted something that really taxed me”
- Roland’s customisable AX-Edge keytar is for the player who wants to stand out on stage
- 10 questions for Steven Van Zandt: "Acoustic around the campfire? That’s just never going to happen…"
- Play the greatest new gear at the UK Guitar Show
- September 12
- Get your kids building hi-tech instruments with the littleBits Electronic Music Inventor Kit
- Bitwig Studio gets a spiced-up Sampler as version 2.4 lands
- Watch Herman Li shred while he swims with first snorkelling guitar solo
- Paul McCartney responds to Quincy Jones bass-playing diss: “He’s a crazy motherf**ker”
- DevilDriver's Dez Fafara: the 10 records that changed my life
- Session ace Monte Pittman’s top 5 tips for guitarists: "Versatility is a huge thing for me. If I just did one style, I don’t know if I would have survived this long"
- Dusky Electronics unveils versatile Hypatia overdrive/fuzz/distortion pedal
- September 11
- Behringer drops the RD-909 drum machine at Knobcon 2018
- Ruston Kelly: “Brutish and kind of rude and beautiful - that was the kind of art that I wanted to make”
- Blonde: 10 tracks that blew our minds
- ISP looks to have pedalboard noise reduction nailed with new Deci-Mate mini pedal
- Computer Music hands-on with SynthMaster One for iOS
- Giraffes? Giraffes!'s Joseph Andreoli: "Our music is technical at times, it's dissonant at times, but there's this playfulness"
- Korg introduces Rimpitch-C2 acoustic guitar tuner
- Roland to launch three new synth and drum products this week
- September 10
- Behind the drums: Chris Adler - "Then I tasted the blood amongst the sweat"
- Korg’s EK-50 ‘entertainer keyboard’ is designed to help you play
- Korg adds some colour to its nanoSeries 2 MIDI controllers with limited edition models
- The playlist: Dan Patlansky
- Plugin Boutique’s Scaler 1.5 can help guitarists to come up with chord progressions
- One for the road: The Cars' Elliot Easton - "The registration desk had bulletproof glass in front of it"
- Native Instruments teases Massive X synth’s look and sound
- September 7
- Video: The inside of this 1950s drum machine is a sight to behold
- SampleRadar: 256 free cassette club samples
- Fender wants to make learning bass easier than ever with new Fender Play lessons
- David Pajo’s top 5 tips for guitarists: “You don’t have to know music theory to convey an emotion”
- Squarewave Maker lands on Kickstarter: the missing link between Mario Maker and Ableton Live?
- 10 questions for Greg Koch: “Think of improvising in terms of building a conversation rather than just talking”
- 6 fresh guitar artists you need to hear in September
- Uriah Heep’s Mick Box: "I try to stay away from the scales and just go with my heart"
- September 6
- Universal Audio shoots for the moon with new Apollo X audio interfaces
- The Xerxes polysynth looks to be Black Corporation’s Elka Synthex clone
- Electro-Harmonix reissues the Triangle Big Muff Pi
- MUSIC THEORY MADE EASY! – Computer Music issue 261 is out now
- NI's new A-Series is a more affordable range of Komplete Kontrol MIDI keyboards
- Traktor Pro 3 is coming, and the S4 controller is getting 'Haptic Drive' jogwheels
- NI's Maschine Mikro Mk3 is the most affordable Maschine ever
- NI Kontakt 6 comes with new instruments and makes it easier for developers to build their own
- Native Instruments announces Massive X VST synth, but there is a catch
- NI updates Massive, Traktor, Kontakt, Maschine Mikro and more
- The iD44 is Audient’s most powerful desktop audio interface, and you could win it
- Meet the Whiteguard Strat, Fender’s Tele/Strat mash-up
- Hughes & Kettner promises to “redefine the guitar amp” with feature-rammed Black Spirit 200
- Meris introduces Enzo, “the ultimate synth pedal”
- Pioneer DJ’s XDJ-RR controller promises a club setup in a portable package
- Production legend Michael Beinhorn: my 12 career-defining records
- September 5
- A Kickstarter for a huge interactive synth museum is happening and it needs your help
- IK Multimedia‘s Uno synth editor promises seamless control and deep programming
- Bring your tracks to life with Mastering The Mix’s Animate plugin
- Old Crow Medicine Show's Ketch Secor: “I think there are too many guitar players in the United States of America”
- Damien Jurado: “I’m never online, so that to me is a really big influence on my writing. It keeps you in your own lane”
- Peter Frampton’s Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro and '1964' Texan acoustic come alive
- Passenger: “Busking taught me so much, not just about about being a musician or writing songs, actually about growing up and being a human!”
- Gibson unveils back-to-basics 2019 electric guitar range
- September 4
- September 3
- Victory unveils all-valve V4 Series Pedal Preamps
- Walrus Audio launches Ryan Adams-designed DEFCON4 Preamp/EQ/Boost
- New tech gear of the month: review round-up (September 2018)
- Classic album: The Ballistic Brothers on London Hooligan Soul
- How to choose a guitar amp with Laney Tubeology
- D16’s Fazortan 2 plugin promises to sound even more like a retro hardware phaser
- If you buy a Korg Monologue in September you’ll get a Volca Kick free (but only if you live in the US)
- Singular Sound introduces BeatBuddy Mini 2 pedal
- Code Orange: “We don’t give a s**t about what the typical structure should be; it’s about what we feel is right for our sound”
- Wild Nothing’s Jack Tatum: “I've never really understood the argument against doing something that has been done before well”
- Tony Butler: “Being a bass player has been the greatest asset of my life”