Black Friday may be over, but the Gear4Music Black Friday sale is still running. Right now you can save big on everything from guitars to drums, recording gear, and keyboards. As expected, the official Gear4Music sale includes big-name brands, with the likes of Novation, Focusrite, Adam Audio, Fender, Jackson and more.
Gear4music is one of the UK's largest retailers and we've been keeping an eye on their sales to make sure no great deals slip through the net. We'll be working throughout the Black Friday weekend to find the latest discounts, sharing them here on this page as soon as we see something. So, if you're based in the UK, you'll want to bookmark this page.
There are some truly great deals available, so if you want to save yourself some money on music gear, then make sure you don't hang about, as the sale is due to end soon.
Of course, we'll be looking forward to the Cyber Monday music deals that will be launching in the coming days. We'll be finding all the top deals on electric guitars, electronic drum sets, acoustic guitars, studio headphones, and much more, so be sure to check out that page if you're on the hunt for a bargain.
Gear4music Black Friday deals: Quick links
Shop the official Black Friday sale right now, split by product type:
- Guitars: save big on acoustics, electrics and bass
- Drums: from mics and sticks to e-kits and cymbals
- Keys: uncover the best in keyboard, piano and synth discounts
- Live sound: get your live rig in order for less
- Studio gear: upgrade your home recording setup
- DJ gear: start the party with cut-price decks, mixers and more
Gear4Music Black Friday deals: Editor's picks
AKG C414 XLII: Now $£903.20
With its 9 switchable polar patterns, sensitivity options, and four-stage low-end roll-off there are few tasks this awesome condenser mic can’t handle. It also comes with a rugged case, shock mount, and pop filter so if you’ve only got the budget for one microphone, this would be our pick as a do-it-all studio workhorse.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2: Now £169.00
We've used the 2i2 for a long time and can attest to the build quality and excellent sounding preamps these interfaces possess. This is easily one of our favourite interfaces and now you can pick one up for as little as £169 at Gear4Music.
Universal Audio Volt 476: Now £265
You now don’t have to spend shedloads of cash to get into the UA ecosystem. The Universal Audio Volt 476 comes highly rated as a mid-level audio interface with four inputs, preset compressors, and ‘vintage’ modes. The tube-emulated inputs deliver superb sound and having a one-button compressor can make the difference in a pinch. You also get a great selection of plugins included with it too.
Roland SPD-SX Pro:
£1,039, now £789
Roland's all-powerful sample pad is still pretty new, but already it's discounted at Thomann! This new version includes increased trigger inputs and audio outputs, enhanced audio compatibility, some brilliant visual features, and even sequencing capabilities. For on-stage power and creativity, this is one of the best electronic drum pads around.
Gear4music Black Friday deals: FAQ
When is the Gear4music Black Friday sale?
The Black Friday Gear4music sale itself kicks off on Friday 24 November. Although the official event doesn't take place until this date, just like most retailers, we predict that some Gear4music Black Friday deals may start rolling out much sooner than that.
Last year, some retailers started dropping prices from late October and didn't stop until well into December for those last-minute Christmas gifts. We're hopeful that Gear4music will follow suit this year.
To quote the official Gear4music Black Friday info page: "Gear4music always brings an incredible range of Black Friday music equipment and musical instrument offers. Expect unbeatable guitar offers, plus exclusive Black Friday discounts on drum kits, PA Gear, pianos, orchestral instruments, DJ Equipment, studio and production gear and home audio items like headphones and home cinema packages."
Beyond Black Friday will be Gear4music Cyber Monday deals, which will drop just three days later on Monday 27 November. While Cyber Monday isn't such a big deal in the UK, we're confident we'll see some additional deals well into the week after Black Friday.
What can you buy in the Gear4music Black Friday sale?
Gear4music stocks pretty much every product any musician could ever want (the clue's in the name!), so it's a great place to go if you want to give your home studio setup an upgrade, load up your pedalboard, expand your cymbal collection or start learning a new instrument. You might head to Gear4music planning to buy an electric guitar, but the company also sells all the music making products you could ever wish for: MIDI keyboards, studio monitors, beginner digital pianos and much more.
The Gear4music Black Friday sale could also be the time to stock up on accessories, too: by that we're talking about gear like acoustic guitar strings, guitar tuners and guitar straps. If you can make music with it, it's more than likely that Gear4music will stock it, and you may well find it discounted on Black Friday.
Gear4music Black Friday deals: Shopping tips
Got your eye on a few things at Gear4Music and wondering whether Black Friday is the time to buy? Here's a few tips from our personal experience that will ensure you're ready to strike if the gear you want is up for grabs:
1. Create a wishlist early - The most sensible way to take advantage of this year's Thomann Black Friday music deals is to know in advance what you’re looking for. This will make searching much easier, rather than having to trawl through loads of deals you don’t want to find the ones you do, or pondering things you don't need. To help you create your dream shopping list, take the time to explore our expert and up-to-date buying guides and reviews.
2. Work out what you actually need - Check out your favourite brands, see what you need and will genuinely use - don’t waste your cash and fill your basket with stuff that will never truly see any action.
3. Consider your music goals - What do you want to achieve with your music over the next 12 months or so? Do you want to gig more? Learn a new instrument? Or finally record your songs? Now could be the time to invest in gear that helps you fulfil your musical aspirations.
4. Streamline your current gear - Something else you should consider ahead of time is whether you have enough space in your collection for new gear. Could you offload some gear you don't use to make room and generate funds for some new gear?
5. Sign up to mailing lists - In addition to bookmarking this page, we'd recommend signing up to Thomann's mailing list now to get the jump on the best deals when they do come around.
6. Get clued up on current prices - that way you'll know how good a deal really is when you see it reduced on Black Friday. Some supposed 'savings' aren't everything that they seem.
How we choose which deals to cover
Here at MusicRadar, we are experts in our field, with many years of playing and product testing between us. We live and breathe everything music-making, and we draw on this knowledge and experience of using products in live, recording and rehearsal scenarios when selecting the products we recommend.
First and foremost, we are players and creators, and we want to match like-minded folk with the right products for them, at the best prices.
For us to recommend a deal on music gear it has to be a product we rate that’s a genuinely great price or part of a truly fantastic bundle. It’s also important that we only recommend retailers where you will have a positive shopping experience.
Why you can trust our choices
We spend a lot of our time scouring retailers for fantastic deals on our favorite music gear. Not only is it our job to research and recommend the best gear in our buyer’s guides and reviews, but we’re also dedicated to helping musicians get the best deals on the stuff they need, too. After all, the only thing better than new gear day is a hearty discount.
We cover a lot of the big sales events throughout the year, including Memorial Day, 4th of July sales and Amazon Prime Day, and we have a good view on which products are likely to receive the biggest discounts and when, the prices they’ve been in the past and which deals are genuinely worth a look.
Gear4music Black Friday deals: Last year's best deals
Here's a quick flavour of the deals that landed in the Gear4Music Black Friday sale last year.
Software deals: Big savings from big brands
If you were looking for a killer Black Friday plugin deal there was money to be saved on plugins from Soundtoys, KV331, Boz, Addictive Drums and loads more. So whether you were after something to help you finish a track, or to give your a dose of inspiration, Black Friday was the time to shop.
More Black Friday deals
- In the UK/Europe? These are the best Thomann Black Friday deals
- Our pick of the Sweetwater Black Friday deal highlights
- And the Musician's Friend Black Friday deals
- Check out the latest Guitar Center Black Friday deals
- Explore our pick of the best Black Friday guitar deals
- And the best Black Friday drum deals
- Lay your hands on the best Black Friday keyboard piano deals
- Bag a discount on the biggest brands with these Black Friday Andertons deals
- Make sure you're heard loud and clear with these Black Friday microphone deals