Try out our Sample challenge for yourself. Download the samples so you can follow along with our artist track breakdowns, or read the rules below to take the challenge for yourself and be in with the chance to win prizes! (Stay tuned for details.)
The Sample Challenge rules
• Create a song ‘sketch’ of at least 16 bars.
• Your creation must use the sample pack as a starting point. There’s no restriction on how many of the samples you need to use: you could use all 30 or you could just use one sample in a multitude of different ways.
• You’re not allowed to use any samples other than those contained in our pack.
• You can add 1 new audio recording (eg. a recorded vocal, a hardware synth bassline, a recorded instrument part).
• You can add 1 new software instrument part (eg. a softsynth or software drum machine part).
• You can use any DAW/audio recorder, any combination of hardware or software samplers – including sample-based synths – and as many effects as you like. • You can ‘resample’ the samples or bounce them out through external effects as many times as you want.
What's in the sample pack?
Download the Sample Challenge pack yourself or listen to the original samples in the playlist below.*
*All the samples are supplied as WAV files so can be imported directly into your DAW or sampler of choice. Because they're royalty-free, you're welcome to use the samples in your music in any way you like - all we ask is that you don't re-distribute them.