Elsewhere, it's another relative tour-de-force for Fender's Mexican-made Player models; last year's number one seller Player Telecaster slipped down to five, with the Player Strat remaining at number two for a second year. It's joined by the US-made Fender American Professional II at number three.
As we move further down, there's more votes of confidence for US-made guitars with Gibson staples. But value remains an attractive proposition with numerous higher end and entry-level Squier models.
Check out the full list below with our reviews linked too.
The best-selling electric guitars on Reverb in 2022
10. PRS SE Custom 24
12. ESP-LTD EC-1000
14. Squier Classic Vibe '60s Jazzmaster
15. Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
17. Fender American Standard Stratocaster 1986 - 2000;
18. Squier Paranormal Baritone Cabronita Telecaster
19. Fender American Standard Stratocaster 2008-2016
20. PRS CE 24
Squier reveals the strength of its diverse catalogue in the top-selling guitars released in 2022. While the PRS SE Silver Sky understandably takes the top spot, it's interesting to see the Squier Classic Vibe Baritone Custom Telecaster in at number two.
The demand for the unusual continues with Fender's bold Player Plus Meteora HH and Yamaha's hugely underatted and mid-priced Revstar II models taking two places in the top 10.
Polyphia's Tim Henson continues his successful 2022 with his Ibanez TOD10N – a mid-priced nylon-string electro acoustic guitar that's only recently been released but has still gone in at number five here.
Reverb's top-selling guitars released in 2022
7. Yamaha Revstar II Standard RSS20
8. Gibson Adam Jones Signature Les Paul Standard / Epiphone Limited-Edition '58 Korina Flying V
10. Guild Surfliner
18. Ibanez GRG220PA
20. Gibson Slash Les Paul Standard Limited 4 Album / Squier 40th Anniversary Gold Edition Jazz Bass