The Indian plugin company describes RetroVolt as a "Samplesizer", meaning that its source samples have been taken from a variety of classic synths.
You can choose two samples for RetroVolt's A and B sources, and dial in tuning, unison and vibrato controls. Next, the two samples are routed through their own envelopes and two filters (each with its own envelope to control its movement).
Elsewhere, RetroVolt has ten slots for effects (EQ, Comp, Shape, Legato, Limiter, Saturation, Reverb, Delay, Chorus and Phaser), plus a sequence/arp section with control over velocity, note length and pitch across three lanes. You can map your A and B source samples to different ranges of the keyboard to ceate key splits and overlaps.
- Powerful synth engine using Multi Samples – Multi Zone & Multi-Velocity
- Filter types including the famous “ladder“ filter
- Amp and Filter Envelopes, Velocity curve editing, lfos and more
- Full Arpeggiator/ Sequencer with user patterns saving
- Effects section with 10 simultaneous effects including Convolution Reverb
- 500+ Factory Presets included , users can also save their own presets
- Auto Preset Generator for unlimited combination of sample maps and parameters
- MIDI Controller Assignment for all parameters . Simple “right-click” & assign
RetroVolt is available now in VST/AU/AAX and standalone formats for the introductory price of $59 (normal price is $99). You can find out more on the Beatskillz website.