Dubbed the “ultimate Stylophone”, the GEN R-8 seems to be a far more fully formed instrument than the X-1 and a logical progression from the S2.
In a similar form-factor to the S2, the R-8 features a three-octave touch keyboard that Dubreq describes as “supersensitive”, but with the added bonus of 19 CV/Gate patch points. Check out the full list of features below.
GEN R-8 specs
- Full analogue signal path
- Steel enclosure
- Dual VCOs with Saw, Square and PWM (oscillator 1)
- Sub oscillators and Subsub oscillators for room shaking bass
- Unique British design 12dB VCF with Low pass, High pass, Band pass and wide Notch
- Fast and punchy envelope
- Supersensitive three-octave touch keyboard
- Glide and Modulation keys for expressive performance control
- Eight waveform LFO with S&H and One-shot feature
- 19 CV/Gate patch points for advanced modular patching
- Grungy analogue style Delay with modulation CV
- Drive knob for extra boost and fatness
- 16-step sequencer with eight banks and on-the-fly switching
- MIDI in/out
The Stylophone GEN R-8 will probably ship late February and is available to pre-order now, priced at $349/ £299/€329. We look forward to checking it out at th
NAMM 2019 - all the news
The dust is settling, but our ears are still ringing. You'll find all the stories that counted in our massive news hub. Below, enjoy our findings as we regrouped at the end of the show.