Universal Audio has announced its latest UAD software update which includes new Manley and Ampeg plugins.
Manley Labs has endorsed the Voxbox plugin, which is a faithful recreation by the UA team of the modern classic vocal channel strip. The plugin retains the original's high-fidelity tube mic preamp, vactrol optical compressor, Pultec-style passive EQ, and de-esser/limiter.
The Voxbox is available for all Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 Satellite and PCIe DSP Accelerators. The plugin is priced at £229/$299 and more information can be found on UA's Voxbox webpage.
Manley Voxbox key features
- An authentic end-to-end circuit emulation of Manley's state-of-the-art vocal channel strip exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Provides the clarity and headroom of Manley's high-fidelity, Class A tube mic preamp
- Features Manley's famous optical compressor with 25 Attack and Release combinations and Pultec-style passive EQ with 33 selectable frequencies
- Additional tube-based de-esser/limiter section
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Manley's Voxbox thanks to precise impedance matching
Also taking its bow in version 8.7 is the Ampeg B-15N Bass amp plugin, which has been developed by Brainworx.
This is modelled on one of the most famous bass amps of all time, the B-15, which laid down the backbone to '60s and '70s rock, funk, and soul. The B-15N plugin features the impedance, gain staging, and circuit behaviors that have contributed to making this iconic bass combo one of the most recorded bass amps in history.
The B-15N is available for all Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 Satellite and PCIe DSP Accelerators. The plugin is priced at £115/$149 and more information can be found on UA's B-15N webpage.
Ampeg B-15N key features
- Expertly modeled version of the legendary B-15N from Ampeg, exclusively for UAD-2 hardware and Apollo interfaces
- Modern workflow enhancements including an onboard FX Rack and 42 recording chains
- Two flavors of the iconic B-15 circuit — 1964 and 1966 — each with switchable bias controls
- Re-Amp previously recorded DI bass tracks to add warmth and depth
- Available as part of the Ampeg Heritage Bass Amp Bundle which includes three Ampeg bass amps and the Brainworx bx_tuner
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of Ampeg's B-15N bass amp thanks to impedance matching