The TM-2 is battery powered, comes loaded with over 100 sounds and can be loaded with WAV sounds via SD card.
Check out the press release below for full info. The TM-2 is due to retail for £195, international prices and shipping dates are yet to be revealed.
Roland TM-2 press release
You've come a long way with shells and skins. But now, with every session and song demanding a different vibe, you're starting to realise there are some sounds that acoustic drums can't deliver.
The good news: there's no need to ditch your beloved kit or dig deep for a full electronic setup. The Roland TM-2 Trigger Module brings the two worlds together, attaching instantly to your acoustic kit and fusing all the features of electronic percussion into your performance.
Technophobes relax: the Roland TM-2 Trigger Module isn't here to mess with the feel or ruin the raw tone you love about your acoustic kit. Battery-powered, compact and easy to attach, it's a silent partner until you're ready to get creative.
A massive choice of pro kit sounds and studio-quality multi-FX come ready-to-play in the TM-2, and it's easy to blend these digital drum sounds with the 'raw' tone of your acoustic kit for truly personalised tones - triggered with one hit of your stick.
Plus, with the option of loading in your own custom WAV sounds, loops, samples and backing tracks via SDHC card, alongside twin inputs to support Roland pads and triggers like the BT-1, KT-10 and RT-10 series, the TM-2 is the fastest and most flexible way for acoustic drummers to harness electronic features and create a hybrid kit.
- Compact trigger module that gives acoustic drummers the creative features of electronic percussion -
- Over 100 ready-to-play professional sounds, ranging from acoustic drums and percussion to modern electronic instruments
- Includes many sounds and tonal elements designed for layering with acoustic drums, providing enhanced, high-impact sounds for playing live drums through a PA system
- Suitable for all genres, from rock and metal to electronic music
- SDHC memory card slot lets users load in their own WAV sounds, from one-shot samples and loop phrases to complete backing tracks
- Two trigger inputs that support both single and dual-trigger pads
- Simple and intuitive user interface for creating and selecting kits
- Process kits with powerful effects such as reverb, flanger, delay, and more
- Compatible with Roland RT-series acoustic drum triggers and Roland percussion pads, including the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, V-Pads, and V-Cymbals
- Powered by batteries or included AC adapter; runs for up to four hours on four AA-size batteries
- Included mounting plate allows the TM-2 to be attached to a hi-hat stand or drum rack with a standard multi-clamp
- MIDI I/O for triggering sounds in external sound modules, capturing MIDI data in music software, and playing the TM-2 from other devices