COMPETITION: Win tickets to The JD Set
Jack Daniel's will be making music history and bringing a ray of light to Glasgow when Silver Columns, Malcolm Middleton, James Yuill, Cocknbullkid and Casiokids join forces for an incredible JD Set that promises to deliver an unforgettable reworking of Madonna's finest musical moments.
The artists mastered their collaborations during a week of intensive studio sessions, to create new versions of tracks such as Vogue, Like A Prayer and Holiday. These will be unveiled live in spectacular true blue fashion at The JD Set gig.
MusicRadar has four tickets for you and your mates to attend this exclusive gig, which takes place at O2 ABC Glasgow on Thursday 17 June. The prize includes accommodation and £100 per person towards travel. Behind the scenes action from the studio sessions and gigs will be screened on Channel 4, NME TV and on thejdset.co.uk.
The Jack Daniel's-branded Fender Stratocaster has been signed by all the artists on the bill especially for The JD Set competition.
Malcolm Middleton said: "A bunch of musicians worshipping at the temple of a modern day idol, what's not to get excited about?"
To enter, just answer this question: What is Madonna's full name?
A. Madonna Louise Ciccone
B. Madge Bishop
C. Madonna Leon
Entrants must be over 18. T&C's apply. Competition deadline: 9 June 2010.
The JD Set London took place on 5 May paying homage to Human League. The JD Set Manchester, 27 May, was dedicated to punk pioneers the Buzzcocks. Watch the awesome collection of collaborations from these gigs on thejdset.co.uk where you'll catch Tim Burgess performing You Say You Don't Love Me with The Whip, Mike Joyce (ex-Smiths) on drums and many more.
For the past three years The JD Set has partnered members of musical royalty with hot new names from the underground in gigs up and down the UK. Stand out performances have come from Peter Hook and The Wombats, Hugh Cornwall and The Hours, Don Letts and Little Boots plus David Gedge and the chart-topping Temper Trap.
Visit The JD Set to become a Friend of Jack and keep up to date with news and competition.
Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel's responsibly.
Next: read the full T&Cs
The JD Set - terms and conditions
You and three friends / guitar / hotel / £100 travel
1. The promotion is open to UK residents aged 18 or over only excluding employees of the promoter, MusicRadar, their families, agents and anyone else connected with the promotion. No purchase necessary.
2. Photographic identification must be provided before entry in to the venue is granted.
3. To enter, input your answer with your name, age, address and telephone number here. Entries to be received no later than 9 June 2010.
4. Only one entry per person.
5. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any illegible entries or those which are delayed.
6. There is one prize: free tickets to The JD Set on 17 June, O2 ABC, Glasgow for the prize winner and three guests and one Jack Daniel's Fender guitar for the prize winner. The prize includes £100 towards travel per person and one night's accommodation.
7. The performance line-up may be subject to change.
8. Hotel rooms will be based on 2 people sharing.
9. The promoter will reimburse £100 towards travel per person on arrival at the hotel. All travel-related administration is the responsibility of the prize winner and guests.
10. The prize winner and their guest will need to confirm they are over 18 (providing photographic identification via fax/email) before taking up the prize. The promoter reserves the right to select alternative winners, should the original winner and guest not validate all of their identity and age within three days of notification or if the original winner is unable to attend The JD Set. The prize draw will be supervised by an independent person and will take place on 9 June 2010. The prize winner will be the first name drawn at random from all valid entries.
11. The prize winner will be notified within three days and receive further details of their prize within seven days of verification of their age, as required above.
12. The winners' details can be obtained for six weeks only by sending an SAE to Jack Daniel's / MusicRadar / The JD Set prize draw, Spring PR, 12 Melcombe Place, Marylebone, London, NW1 6JJ. The prize winner and guest may be required to participate in future publicity.
13. Each prize is, as stated, is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to any entrants, the prize-winner or any third party. The promoter also reserves the right to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. The decision of the promoter in all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions by participating in this promotion. Promoter: Brown-Forman Beverages Europe, Ltd, 45 Mortimer Street, London, W1W 8HJ. Know when to unplug. Please drink Jack Daniel's responsibly.