Computer Music 204 - VISUAL MIXING - June 2014
BUY THIS ISSUE NOW:
Discover how audio analysis tools can take your mixes to the next level! Follow along with our easy-to-follow guides, and see exactly how it's done with expert video for every tutorial!
You'll learn about:
- Peak vs. average level metering
- Improving dynamics with the aid of an oscilloscope
- Getting tighter, clearer, punchier mixes using spectral analysis
- Improving mono compatibility with stereo phase metering
- Mixing using multiple analysis techniques and tools
…And much more besides.
Check out this video from the article:
FREE TRANSECTOR CM PLUGIN
- Get powerful transient shaping, saturation and metering with this exclusive effect from LVC-Audio, available when you buy Computer Music magazine! Find out more about this pro-quality PC/Mac plugin on the Transector CM page, and see it in action in this video:
SIGMA IN-STUDIO VIDEO***
- Drum 'n' bass secrets revealed as Sigma break down their massive track Rudeboy in our latest exclusive Producer Masterclass video. Watch Part 1 of the video right here – get CM204 to see the rest.
- VIP Series - Mason: 800 exclusive pro-level samples from the legendary house duo!
- Bonus Classic Urban Rock samples: 1GB of kickass guitars, beats and more from the CM archives.
MASCHINE 2: THE CM GUIDE
Get going with Native Instruments' amazing virtual groove studio. No matter which Maschine hardware controller you use, this guide is for you, as we show you how to get the most out of the new features of the Maschine 2 software. Here's just one of the videos in this guide:
TUTORIALS and VIDEOS
- Easy Guide – Key Changes: Move between musical keys with ease - PLUS VIDEO
- Back It Up: Stay safe with the musician's guide to archiving projects, audio, plugins, and more
- Transector CM: Hands-on guide for this issue's awesome free software - PLUS VIDEO
- Make Some Noise: Dive deep into the art of noise music with our mind-expanding guide
- Keep It Real – Accordion: Put the squeeze on your MIDI programming
- AND MORE!
- Howie B: The producer to the stars talks Ataris, Logic and more with CM
- Denis Gökdag: The Zynaptiq CEO talks about his recent work as co-creator of NI's Molekular
- Paul Oakenfold: The dancefloor legend countdowns his Top Five of music software
- Universal Audio Apollo Twin
- Tracktion 5
- Madrona Labs Kaivo
- Softube Console 1
- Kush Audio Pusher
- IK Multimedia Master EQ 432
- Waves MetaFilter
- Voxengo Elephant 4
- PLUS 15 MORE REVIEWS
35+ EXCLUSIVE PLUGINS
- Every issue of Computer Music comes with CM Plugins, an exclusive collection of pro-quality VST/AU instruments and effects for PC and Mac. Check out our full CM Plugins listand the CM Plugins FAQfor more info.
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Other digital formats inc. Zinio & Google Play do not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm204 is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks