The Model 15 app features both monophonic and four-voice polyphonic operation, and can be controlled by four integrated controllers: the traditional Moog keyboard, 1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities.
The North Carolina firm has worked meticulously to ensure that every part of the synth has been faithfully recreated, with particular attention paid to the original Moog modules - from the 921-series oscillators and 904A Low Pass Filter, to the 907 Fixed Filter Bank.
To further enhance the user experience, the app has been designed to utilise Apple's new Metal technology. This means that it will only work on compatible 64-bit devices - the iPhone 5s or newer, iPod touch 6 or newer, iPad Air or newer, and the iPad Pro, all running iOS version 9.3.1 or later.
This is the first Moog modular synthesizer and 'synthesis educational tool' to arrive on iOS, so will there be more in the future? We most certainly hope so.
The Moog Model 15 app is available on the App Store now for £22.99/$29.99
Moog Model 15 features
- Ships with over 160 unique presets
- Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
- Easily share presets and recordings with anyone
- Tutorial patches to assist all experience levels
- Intuitive patching and cable coloring
- Support for landscape and portrait modes
- Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
- Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
- Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
- Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
- Up to two controllers on-screen (iPad only)
- Optional left-handed UI operation
- Supports 3D Touch and Apple Pencil integration for after pressure
- Note-per-channel MIDI controllers
- Ableton Link
- Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
- MIDI Bridge and Audio Bridge
- 7 and 14-Bit MIDI
- MIDI Program Change
- Bluetooth LE MIDI controllers
- Typing keyboards for shortcuts and musical typing
- Support for AudioCopy, AudioPaste and AudioShare