NAMM 2018: Waves has partnered with a couple of big names to produce new channel strip and guitar amp plugins; namely, mix engineer Andrew Scheps and guitar manufacturer PRS.
The Scheps Omni Channel plugin contains Andrew’s go-to combinations of compression, saturation colours and more. The processors are designed to work together seamlessly and cohesively; some are based on classic hardware units and others are modules that have been developed from scratch.
PRS SuperModels, meanwhile, models PRS’s Archon, Dallas and Blue Sierra/V9 amps. These were created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith and replicate every component of the originals.
The specs for both plugins are below. The Scheps Omni Channel currently costs $49 (regular price is $149) while PRS SuperModels should be available soon.
Waves Audio Scheps Channel features
- Designed with GRAMMY-winning mixer Andrew Scheps (Adele, Jay-Z, Metallica)
- Flexible channel strip plugin based on Andrew’s tried and tested processing combinations
- Pre, compression, EQ and gating modules, each with diverse options for sonic flexibility
- DS² module with 2 full-range bands and 4 filter types
- Insert slot: Load an additional Waves plugin anywhere in the channel strip
- Drag and drop any module anywhere in the channel strip
- Internal MS/Duo/Stereo routing per module
- Stereo component provides full discrete control over each channel
- Flexible shaping of internal or external sidechain input
- Zero latency
PRS SuperModels features
- Superb modeling of 3 top-of-the-line PRS amplifiers: Archon, Dallas, Blue Sierra / V9
- Created in collaboration with Paul Reed Smith
- Eight speaker cabinet IRs with automatic IR browser
- Exceptional noise gate to filter out amp noise and hiss
- Auto-gain control for maximum performance
- Unique tone-shaping boost not featured in the hardware amps
- Digital tuner sensitive to standard & extended-range guitars
- Smart Mix, Phase Fix & Time Fix controls for perfectly matching 2 cabinets
- Use as a plugin in your DAW or as a standalone application
- Designed for studio, home and live playing (with laptop and audio interface)
- SoundGrid-compatible for ultra-low-latency performance
Check out our constantly updated NAMM hub for more news and on-the-spot video from Anaheim