Now Behringer has announced the first member of its Eurorack line-up, and is leading with its logical hand, previewing the Eurorack 104 skiff case, which is expected to be available at the end of May.
The case will presumably be able to house all of Behringer's future Eurorack modules, as well as other 3U-sized modules from other manufacturers. But the potential biggest draw is the price, with the Eurorack 104 being available for €75 (£65).
Specs (via Behringer)
- Compact 104 HP Eurorack skiff case is ideal for synthesizers and other 3U format equipment
- Rugged aluminum chassis with wooden side panels protects your rig wherever your gig takes you
- 104 HP of mounting space with a mounting depth of 38 mm (1.5")
- Easy positioning of your modules with the included 52 sliding nuts
- Oversized rubber feet for stable positioning on a wide variety of surfaces
- 3-Year Warranty Program
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
Given Behringer's track record in announcing products and building hype, it's quite possible that more modules will be announced before the May release of the skiff case.
If the idea of a 'starter bundle' of Behringer Eurorack gear seems like a logical strategy for sales, you might expect oscillator, filter, envelope and mixer modules to be announced soon. We'll keep you informed.
Find out more at the Behringer website.