Analogue Solutions has announced that it is now taking pre-orders for its newest monosynth.
The Fusebox is a three-oscillator monophonic synthesizer. Each oscillator offers saw and square waves, plus voltage control for pitch and pulse width.
Despite the vintage sound and all-analogue signal path, the Fusebox promises much in the way of modulation and performance features, with an Arpeggiator, Patternator and Interval Generator all on hand to create new patterns and sequences.
"If we were in the market for a grown-up analogue monosynth, we would certainly put the Analogue Solutions Nyborg units on our short list."
The arpeggiator can also double up as a simple 16-note sequencer and all notes are transmitted via MIDI Out.
The Patternator uses four CV controls to create melodic loops and you can change the loop using the Skip and Reset switches in real time. The two Beat knobs enable you to alter the eight-step gate/trigger pattern generator.
The Interval Generator is a unique type of pitch transposer, which enables you to set six different pitches to each of the switches, and then transpose the VCOs manually to create performances.
All circuits have extensive minijack input and output sockets. The synth can be cross-patched within itself to create an infinite range of sounds, or it can be cross-patched with other synths and modular systems.
The unit is priced at £1,140 (excl VAT) and shipping is expected to commence by the end of October. For more information, check out the Analogue Solutions website.
- Three VCOs each featuring Sawtooth and Square wave
- All have CV inputs for Pitch and Pulse width
- Manual Pulse width
- VCO 1 also has an Octave switch and Cross modulation switch (FM)
- VCO 2 has a Wide range switch – to make the Tune range very wide (down to LF!). It also has oscillator Sync
- VCO 3 also has a Wide range switch. Also, MIDI pitch control can be disabled to make this a free running oscillator. Ideal for modulation duties
- VCO 2 and 3 can both be used as LFOs
- White Noise
- Sub oscillator, taken from VCO 3
- Mixer – with Mute switches and additional audio inputs
- Multimode 12db filter – featuring Low pass, High pass, Band pass, and Notch filters
- VCA – with EG and Thru (bypass) switch
- LFO – with delay (fade in) feature
- Two Envelope Generators. With Triggering options
- MIDI In, Out, Thru
- Interval Generator
- Arpeggiator – Using a MIDI keyboard program in notes to arpeggiate
- The arpeggiator will transmit the notes to MIDI Out
- Patternator – this is a unique type of sequencer / rhythm generator
- Unique artistic case design. 5 minutes with a screwdriver and the plan can be flipped, allowing the synth to be laid flat
- Real analogue hardwood sides, from a sustainable source
- MIDI to CV output socket including clock