A project that has now been a few years in the making, Endlesss, a collaborative app from Tim Exile, is nearly ready for release and you can still get involved with the beta-testing phase.
Designed as a spontaneous music-making tool, Endlesss has been designed to people connect and jam out ideas remotely.
The app is built around the ethos that users create Rifffs. These files are essentially short snippets of music with multiple layers that can be created using built-in or external instruments. You’re then able to add or remix layers and share the Rifffs among friends.
Most of the features are in, but there are still some things that are on the wishlist. Check out the full details below and be sure to check out the Endlesss website to obtain access to the beta.
Current iOS features
- Create and remix Rifffs using internal instruments and mic/line in
- Sample-based bass, synth and drum soundpacks
- Remix FX pack
- Retrospective looping - never miss a great moment
- Set up jams and invite friends
- Share and download Rifffs in realtime
- Option to receive notifications when a friend remixes your Rifff
- Rifff browser with infinite storage of all Rifffs (compressed audio)
- Export Rifffs as stems (compressed audio)
- Ableton Link
- Chat-style interface update
- More soundpacks
- Analogue modelling synthesis
- Text messages in jams
- Uncompressed audio (paid option)
- Create, share and remix Rifffs within your DAW
- Use your favourite samples, plugins and instruments
- Hand off Rifffs between your phone and DAW
- Jam live with friends from DAW to phone and back