When we first checked out Torpedo's Captor X back at NAMM (opens in new tab)in January, we knew they had something that was potentially very special; the features, potential usability for players and price had us excited. Now it's ready to hit the market.
Every guitarist knows the problem of their amp being too loud; how can you capture a valve amp's best qualities if your home, studio or stage environment means you can never play loud enough? With the Captor X you can – and more besides.
Cabinet simulation gear you need to check out (opens in new tab)
Control your amp's volume with the Captor X's attenuator or plug into your amp with headphones without losing its detailed qualities.
This new addition to the Torpedo Captor series brings useful features including a Stereo Expander with Stereo Reverb and Twin Tracker Enhancer, Voicing, Space, Noise Gate and XLR DI outputs with three routing options for musicians; Stereo, Dual Mono and Dry / Wet.
At £469 / $549 and based on the spec, we think players would be mad not to consider it as a serious rival to the attenuating and cab modelling features of the £1,000+ Universal Audio Ox.
We're looking forward to getting hands-on with it to find out more. For now, here's the full feature set of the Torpedo Captor X:
- Compact Reactive Load Box (8 Ohm, 100 watt RMS)
- Tube Amp Attenuator: Home (-38 dB), Club (-20 dB), Stadium (0 db)
- Torpedo IR-based technology creating Dual-miked Virtual Cabinets and Dual IR Loader
- Loaded with 32 Virtual Cabinets, 128 preset locations and 512 memory slots for custom IR files
- Instantly select your favourite preset direct on the hardware
- Choose from 8 microphones per cabinet and 8 room simulations
- Torpedo Remote via USB and MIDI (Windows and macOS) or wirelessly on your hone/tablet (Android and iOS)
- Silent playing with Immersive Headphone Experience
- Stereo Reverb including SPACE control on hardware
- EQ: Semi-parametric in Torpedo Remote, VOICING hardware control
- Twin Tracker virtual guitarist
- Enhancer with Body, Brilliance and Thickness controls
- Noise gate with learn function
- XLR DI Outputs (3 routing options: Stereo, Dual Mono, Dry / Wet):
• Dual Mono: Send dedicated signals to FOH and monitors with different EQ
• Dry / Wet: Send Cab Sim to audio interface from one output and dry on the other
- Two Notes Wall of Sound plugin included for processing of dry recordings in your DAW
- Powered by supplied PSU
For more info head over to the Two Notes site at two-notes.com (opens in new tab)