Fender has expanded its Fender Play guitar learning platform with the addition of ukulele lessons.
As with the app’s guitar lessons, the ukulele lessons are bite-sized, song-driven and delivered in videos by experienced instructors.
Players can sign up to a 30-day free trial at play.fender.com, after which it costs £9.99/€9.99 per month. A year of unlimited lessons costs £89.99/€89.99.
Fender Play is available now on iPhone, iPad, Android devices and desktop.
- Best beginner ukuleles: top entry-level ukes
Ukulele additions to Fender Play
- NEW UKULELE INSTRUCTORS: Acclaimed uke experts: Berklee College of Music alum Abe Lagrimas Jr., Cal Arts alum Abby Lyons and indie-folk musician Katie Norregaard
- SONGS: Learn songs, including:
- I Don't Know My Name - Grace VanderWaal
- Riptide - Vance Joy
- Hey There Delilah - Plain White T's
- Cups - Anna Kendrick
- Pumped Up Kicks - Foster The People
- Let It Go - Demi Lovato
- CAMERA ANGLES: An easy-to-see vertical “close up” finger placement camera angle
- VARIETY: A blend of musical styles that appeal to all players
- PLAY & SING: Courses teach players how to “play and sing” and understand the difference between the melody (what you sing) and rhythm (what you strum)
- SKILLS: 82 skills, including fingerstyle, and “world rhythms” including reggae and calypso strumming as well as montuno rhythm