PRESS RELEASE: Zoom once again revolutionizes digital recording with the first digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory.
The R16 is three production tools in one device: a multi-track recorder, an audio interface and a control surface, providing all the tools necessary to create studio-quality recordings. Additionally, the R16 runs on only 6 AA batteries for the ultimate in multi-track portability.
With the R16, recording artists, songwriters, sound engineers and film sound professionals alike can record up to 32GBs on an SD card.The SD recording, while incredibly convenient for file transferring, also makes the R16 significantly lighter. SD recording also avoids the pitfalls of a potential crashing hard drive and allows for up to 100 track hours of recording using all 16 tracks.
"We have learned a great deal from the success of our H2 and H4n as well as HD8 and HD16, our past multi-track recorders," says Masa Iijima, CEO of Zoom Corporation. "With the R16 we have brought the most important capabilities from each of these product lines into our design to make a unique and versatile music production solution."
Connect the R16 to your laptop or desktop computer via USB, launch your favourite DAW or use the included Cubase LE; and, immediately start laying down your production tracks. In addition, USB operation means you can control each function of your favourite DAW software from the R16 for easy mixing with fine-tuned control.
"The R16 is the all-in-one solution for all kinds of challenges that musicians face," says Mark Wilder, Samson Director of Marketing. "Its versatility and portability along with the power to record so many tracks simultaneously, makes the R16 another indispensible product from Zoom," added Wilder.
With the R16, versatility, control and portability come together in one recorder that lets you produce professional results everywhere you go.
Complete product specifications are below:
- Digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory
- 16/24-bit/44.1kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Included 1GB SD card and with support for up to 32GB SDHC
- Allows simultaneous recording on up to 8 tracks
- Battery operation for remote recording
- USB power for audio interface and control surface operation
- 8 mic inputs / 2 outputs (8 x 2)
- 8 combination XLR-1/4-inch inputs
- High-definition 24-bit/96kHz recording capability using digital audio software
- 100+ built-in studio effects coming from advanced DSP which can additionally be used as outboard effects
- Hi-Z input for direct connection of guitar or bass
- Included preamp with phantom power on two channels
- Mackie control emulation via USB for popular DAW software including Cubase, Logic, Digital Performer and more
- Amazing guitar amp and effects models
- Professional quality mastering effects including multi-band compressor, normalizer and more
- Operates as USB storage device for quick data transfer
- Connect two R16s via USB for synchronized operation and 16 tracks of simultaneous recording
- Undo/Redo functions
- Comes with Steinberg Cubase LE 4
- Supports Windows XP/Vista, Mac operating systems
For more information, visit http://www.samsontech.com/
Information taken from official press release
Submit press releases
Email your press release to email@example.com
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
The free MusicRadar newsletter serves up the week's biggest artist and product news stories alongside exclusive tuition and gear reviews. Sign up here!
Follow MusicRadar on Twitter
Get instant updates and bonus content plus chat with the team. Start here!