He's known for his dextrous keyboard playing, but now Dream Theater's Jordan Rudess is helping iPad owners to get their shred on with his GeoShred app.
GeoShred is powered by a physical modelling synthesis engine that's said to generate realistic guitar sounds (this, along with the effects chain, comes courtesy of developer MoForte), but what's more important is what the multitouch interface which is derived from Wizdom's existing Geo synth app enables you to do with them.
Wizdom says: "You can explore, edit and control the mechanics of a guitar model solid or hollow body, nylon or metal strings, pick position, harmonics and much, much more!"
- Physically modelled guitar sound
- Highly expressive playing surface
- Modelled feedback
- Multiple Modelled effects
- Built in Arpeggiator
- Finger vibrato and slide
- Extensive editing capabilities
- Customizable control surface
- Alternate tuning and interval support
- Intelligent pitch rounding
- Supports Inter-App Audio as well as Audiobus
- Supports Air Turn devices for preset changes
- Easily share your presets with friends