Epiphone Noel Gallagher Riviera
Not one to look back in anger, Noel Gallagher returned to the same California villa where Oasis filmed the music video for the fourth single from the album (What's the Story) Morning Glory? to talk about his new Epiphone Riviera signature model.
It's the guitar that "played a part on so many songs in the nineties it’s ridiculous" according to Noel himself, who also went on to say of the new model; "The Epiphone is excellent, really very good… sounds exactly like my original one, it’s a belter!"
The Noel Gallagher Riviera was created with Noel allowing Epiphone access to his original model so as close recreation to his very own guitar was achieved.
Noel Gallagher Riviera specs
- Body: 5-ply layered maple
- Neck: 3-piece maple with volute and SlimTaper C profile
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel with 22 frets and 24.75" scale length
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpeace: Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Knobs: Black witch hat with silver insert
- Tuners: Epiphone premium die-cast with oval metal button
- Pickups: 2 Alnico Classic PRO
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone
- Finish: Dark Wine Red
- Extras: Epiphone hardshell case
Gibson Noel Gallagher 1960 ES-355
However, if you were to picture the one guitar associated with the Manchester-born singer-songwriter, it has to be the 1960 Gibson ES-355.
Noel's affinity for the guitar can be traced back to 1997 and his first purchase of a 1960 ES-355. So sacred was this acquisition that he originally intended to keep it as a collector's item. The problem was, it proved to be too tempting not to take it out on the road and so in the early noughties, Noel took it to the stage where it has faithfully remained at his side for countless shows.
Speaking about his love for the 1960 Gibson ES-355, Noel had this to say, "Fuck me, what a guitar!". He went on, "I’ve actually sent my main one back to storage, something I haven’t done since the day I bought it… THAT’S how good it is!"
The Noel Gallagher 1960 ES-355 has been expertly aged by the Murphy Lab and will enjoy a limited run. Those who manage to get hold of one will also be endowed with a reproduced handwritten lyric sheet, a hand-signed Certicate of Authenticity, and a custom Bear Strap included in the brown and pink hardshell case.
Noel Gallagher 1960 ES-355 specs
- Body: Plain maple laminate
- Neck: Mahogany with a SlimTaper profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony with 22 frets and 24.749" scale length
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpeace: Bigsby B7
- Knobs: True historic black top hats with gold inserts and dial pointers
- Tuners: Grover Kidney
- Pickups: 2 Custombucker (Unpotted)
- Controls: 2 500K CTS volume pots, 2 500K CTS tone pots, mono Varitone switch with 2 chokes, hand-wired harness with Black Cat capacitors
- Finish: Sixties Cherry
- Extras: Reproduced handwritten lyric sheet, hand-signed Certicate of Authenticity and a custom Bear Strap in a brown and pink Custom Shop case
The Noel Gallagher 1960 ES-355 is limited to just 200 units globally and you know it will be a popular one for collectors and Oasis fans alike. In fact, so much so, that one fan took to his Instagram account to let Mr Gallagher know of his desire to own one.
For more info on the Noel Gallagher 1960 ES-355 check out the Gibson website and if you want to know more about the Noel Gallagher Riviera go to the Epiphone website.