The Katana Artist 100 is the new flagship for the range, built in a semi-closed cabinet around a premium 12-inch Waza speaker, inspired by the benchmark 25-watt British stack speaker from the 1960s.
There are five selectable amp characters offering tones from organic vintage to modern high-gain sounds. Clean aims for natural and transparent, and Crunch offers more grit and response, while Lead has a wide gain range, pitching for versatility across a number of genres.
We got a run through of the new amp's features and capabilities at the Boss stand. Check out our video below.
Specification and features
• Professional 100-watt combo amp with enhanced tone and all the latest Katana features
• Tube Logic design approach produces class-defying power, authoritative punch, and cutting presence for any performing situation
• Robust analog class-AB power amp section delivers the authentic tone and highly musical response that Katana amps are noted for
• Custom Waza 12-inch speaker realizes classic British stack speaker tone and response with increased power handling capacity
• Newly designed cabinet with ultra-solid construction and semi-closed back for tight, focused tone with rich low end
• Five unique amp characters, custom-tuned for optimum performance with the Katana-Artist’s cabinet and Waza speaker
• Choose from 58 customizable BOSS effects and many effect routing configurations with BOSS Tone Studio editor software
• Eight Tone Setting memories for storing and recalling all amp and effect settings
• Power Control for achieving cranked-amp tone and dynamic response at low volumes
• Dedicated panel controls for Cabinet Resonance and Line Out Air Feel functions
• Effects loop with position, gain, and series/parallel operation configurable via BOSS Tone Studio
• Support for external control with optional footswitches (GA-FC, FS series) and MIDI
• Stage-ready patches for all music styles available at BOSS Tone Central