In the history of rock 'n' roll, aside from overdrive and distortion, there's no effect as omnipresent as reverb. Whether achieved by capturing natural studio ambience, a tin full of springs in an amplifier or a Cape Canaveral-sized rack system, reverb is all over the records we love.
While there's plenty of competition these days, Electro-Harmonix might just have unleashed the stompbox reverb daddy in the shape of their new Cathedral pedal. Here are its vital statistics:
- 24-bit A/D and D/A converters
- True stereo inputs and outputs
- Eight programmable reverb styles with the ability to load and save
- Tap Tempo to set pre-delay section
- Damping/Tone control available for each reverb mode
- Grail Spring, Accu Spring, Hall, Room, Plate, Reverse, Grail Flerb, Echo modes
- Hold tap tempo for infinite reverb
Surf on over to the official EHX website for more information, but first check out our First Look video demo to hear it in action.