Get the cover image for your desktop
7.9GB OF CONTENT ON THE DUAL-LAYER DVD
• Intelligent Devices MegaDelayMassCM
An amazing 100-tap feedback delay plug-in for Mac and PC is yours free with CM145! As well as typical echoes, this crazy processor is capable of all manner of madness, including reverb-style washes of sound and IDM-esque 'bouncing ball' effects.
• 1954 24-bit CM Guitar samples
Our exclusive collection of guitar samples gives you all the six-string loops, chords and multis you'll ever need, all in WAV and CMplay formats!
• Producer Masterclass tutorial and video: King Charles
We catch up with the classically-trained indie folkster, at home and in the studio, to find out how he gets his distinctive sound. Watch our video to see how his song
was transformed from a rough demo into a professionally-mixed track!
IN THE MAG
• Vintage Sounds
Classic sound design and retro production techniques made easy! Emulate old-school drum machines, synths, samplers, tape machines and more with our guide to recreating vintage studio sounds in software.
• The CM Guide to FL Studio 9
We explore the major new features of Image-Line's DAW, getting to grips with sidechaining, volatile linking and the new instruments and effects.
• Into The Groove
Inject some of that elusive human feel into your tracks with our guide to applying groove, swing and shuffle.
• Focus on Hardcore
Learn how to create a bangin' hardcore dance track! Find out what goes into a hardcore beat, how to make a massive bass stab noise, how to use ear-catching vocal processing, methods of making your track flow musically, and more!
• Andy Gray interviewed
theme tune to
The Matrix Reloaded
, you'll have heard Andy Gray's productions one way or another. CM catches up with the busiest man in music to talk music technology.
FL Studio 9
• Native Instruments
• Intelligent Devices
Ivory Upright Pianos
• 'Cloud Busting: Get yourself on SoundCloud and open a whole new musical world
• Guitar Lab: We revisit some of our most pertinent tips, tricks and techniques
• Synth Essentials: Layering LFOs with synth scientist Scot Solida
• Off The Dial: rachMiel explores the place between gridded and gridless music
• The Easy Guide: We delve deeper into minor keys and scales
• The Burning Question: When should I upgrade my operating system
• And much more!
You can order this issue (as well as recent back issues) by calling 0870 837 4773 in the UK, +44 1858 438795 everywhere else, or emailing
Subscribe to Computer Music now and save over 23% (UK only) at the following address: