Based on an optimised version of the sound engine used in the plugin, the app has also been adapted to make the best use of multitouch, and supports both Inter-App Audio and the AU extension standard.
Based on a multi-resonator filter and featuring countless routing, control and modulation options, Phonem can produce not only a wide range of vocal sounds, but also synth tones.
Find out more on the Wolfgang Palm website. We don't yet have a price for Phonem, but we're assured that it'll be in the App Store very soon.
Wolfgang Palm PPG Phonem for iPad features
- Create your own singing style and expressions
- Large Phoneme inventory - 46 english/american plus 5 german plus 4 french phonemes
- Versatile excitation generator/oscillator
- Working with typical voice source or wavetable and time-corrected-samples (TCS)
- Extreme time stretching, freezing and reversing
- Pitch track - let your robots sing
- Control track - let it cry and shout
- Song mode - making it easy to compose your synthesized text
- Wave page - create your own wavetables and modify time-corrected-samples
- Import WTS and TCS files from the iPad WaveGenerator and WaveMapper
- All internal parameters available to the user - give your voices a special dialect or individual character
- Versatile matrix system - allowing 19 sources to control 40 parameters
- Two X/Y control pads freely routable to 40 parameters
- 6 Envelopes, for control of filter sweeps, waveform, noise and many modulations
- 4 LFOs plus Vibrato, Flutter and Growl generators
- Fully programmable resonator filter - allowing production of new sound effects
- Delay/Reverb effect
- Overdrive/Distortion effect
- A/B compare your edited sounds
- AU extension - run multiple Phonem instances in AU hosts
- IAA - inter-app audio support
- Audiobus 2 with statesaving
- 10 min audio recording and Audio copy
- Redesigned browser with new listing filters
- Directly accessible context help for each module
- Freely configurable schematic keypad, with extremely expressive modulation options
- 4 Keypads play modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Multitrigger.
- 4 MIDI modes: Poly, Mono, Legato and Voice-Per-Channel.