The rhyming monstrosity masquerading as a song lyric "I'm serious as cancer, when I say rhythm is a dancer", has been voted the worst of all time in a recent poll. Congratulations then to German electro outfit Snap!, for their 1992 smash hit Rhythm Is A Dancer, which contains the poisonous rhyme and spent six weeks at number one in the UK.
A bunch of other lyrics about 'toast', 'reindeer' and 'fat kids loving cake' help make up the top ten. Propping up the list is Van Halen's "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time" from Why Can't This Be Love. Genius.
The 10 worst lyrics
1. "I'm serious as cancer, when I say rhythm is a dancer" Rhythm Is A Dancer by Snap!
2. "I don't want to see a ghost, it's a sight that I fear the most, I'd rather have a piece of toast, watch the evening news" Life by Des'ree
3. "Is that yo ass, or yo mama half reindeer?" Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly, P Diddy and Murphy Lee
4. "He was a boy, she was a girl. Can I make it any more obvious?" Sk8er Boi by Avril Lavigne
5. "I love you like a fat kid love cake" 21 Questions by 50 Cent
6. "Time is like a clock in my heart" Time (Clock Of The Heart) by Culture Club
7. "You got a Prada bag with a lotta stuff in it" Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith
8. "Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don't confuse them with mountains" Whenever, Wherever by Shakira
9. "She had dumps like a truck, truck, truck" Thong Song by Sisqo
10. "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time" Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen
We've touched on this subject before. Red Hot Chili Peppers, anyone?