Featuring on their second studio album, The Downward Spiral, the Trent Reznor-penned track was recorded at his infamous Le Pig studio at the 10050 Cielo Drive residence in Beverly Hills, site of the Manson Family’s 1969 Tate murders.
While the track was previously available as an Amazon Original release in 2020, followed by a limited edition 7-inch single for Record Store Day in 2021, this is the first time fans will be able to access the song via wider digital release.
Speaking of the song in a press release, the Grammy Award-winning guitarist said, “[Piggy] remains one of my favourite Nails songs to this day.
“I am obsessed with the slinky tambourine that is just a little lazy in feel. And when I took this song apart to cover it, it took me a long time to really understand the immensity of the groove.
“It’s a dark, industrial reggae. Muscular, but never as distorted as you imagined it when you think of it in your head… They made a complicated thing seem easy and made big, bold sonic choices.”
Beginning 25th July, St. Vincent and her new band, Stay Human, will begin a week-long residency with The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, before returning to stages in North America this autumn.
This includes a spot on the highly anticipated Roxy Music arena tour.
Dates are as follows:
- 7th September – Toronto, Canada – Scotiabank Arena*
- 9th September – Washington, DC – Capitol One Arena*
- 10th September – Boston, MA – Fenway Park**
- 12th September– New York, NY – Madison Square Garden*
- 15th September – Philadelphia, PA – Wells Fargo Center*
- 17th September – Louisville, KY – Bourbon & Beyond 2022
- 19th September – Chicago, IL – United Center*
- 21st September – Austin, TX – Moody Center*
- 23rd September – Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center*
- 26th September – San Francisco, CA – Chase Center*
- 28th September – Los Angeles, CA – The Forum*
- 2nd October – Dana Point, CA – Ohana Fest 2022
* with Roxy Music
** with Red Hot Chili Peppers
Visit the St. Vincent website for more information.