Hughes & Kettner has launched the GrandMeister Deluxe 40, the latest in its line of intelligent valve guitar amps.
An evolution of the well-reviewed GrandMeister 36, the 40W GM Deluxe continues the smart control design, but completely reworks the GM preamp using H&K's new Deluxe Tone Technology, including tone-shaping components from the flagship TriAmp Mark 3.
The amp's four channels span clean to high-gain and everything in between, while every knob and switch setting can be saved, stored and recalled via the use of 128 memory slots, which can then be engaged using the free GM40 Remote app for iPad or optional MIDI controllers.
There are boatloads of extra features, too, including onboard effects (reverb, tappable delay, flanger, phaser, chorus and tremolo), built-in noise gate, Power Soak, intelligent boost and Red Box AE DI speaker simulation.
Phewph, that's one hell of a feature list. The GrandMeister Deluxe 40 is available at the end of September for £1,199/€1,426.81.
- 40 watts
- Deluxe Tone Technology
- Power Soak: switchable between 40 / 20 / 5 / 1 / 0 watts
- Preamp tubes: 3 x 12AX7 (including cathode follower)
- Power amp tubes: 4 x EL84
- Boost individually tailored for each channel
- All pot settings storable in up to 128 presets
- MIDI In/Out
- Passive 3-band EQ
- Presence and Resonance controls
- Built-in IDB Noise Gate
- On-board effects: reverb, delay (with tap function), flanger, phaser, chorus, tremolo
- Serial FX Loop
- DI Out: Red Box AE (Ambience Emulation)
- Preamp Out
- Tube Safety Control (TSC)
- Free App for iPad
- Weight: 7.7 kg
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 445 x 170 x 150 mm
- Protective soft carrying case included
- Recommended accessories: Hughes & Kettner FSM-432 MK III MIDI Board