Kenton Electronics has announced its latest converter, the Pro CV to MIDI. It takes the CV signals from any CV-equipped instrument and converts them to MIDI.
Opening up a new world of control for lovers of modular and vintage gear, the Pro CV to MIDI converter will allow you to bring your MIDI-enabled synth to the control-voltage party.
The PRO CV to MIDI boasts highly accurate tracking of pitch control voltages and supports the Volt/Octave system, the 1.2V/Octave system used by EML and Buchla, and the Hz/Volt system used by Korg and Yamaha.
The rugged, feature-packed box also includes pitchbend, modulation and non-quantised continuous tracking, and two user-assignable auxiliary CV inputs.
PRO CV to MIDI is available now for £136.92 inc VAT (£114.10 ex VAT), for more information go to the website.
Pro CV to MIDI features
- CV & Gate inputs on 3.5mm mono jack sockets
- A to D conversion for main CV input is 16 bit high quality ADC
- V/octave, Hz/V or 1.2V/oct modes selectable
- Gate type can be selected as Gate or S-trig
- Aux1 & 2 inputs on 3.5mm mono jack (continuously variable or switch selectable)
- Auxes can select controller number
- Auto tune feature makes setup easy
- MIDI Out on 5 pin DIN socket
- Power consumption 85mA
- Dimensions 122mm wide x 75mm deep x 42mm high
- Weight 170gms
- Non-volatile memory EEPROM (no back-up battery required)
- 32 bit ARM processor
- The Pro CV to MIDI is supplied complete with a plug top power supply