Bogner’s Ecstasy Red and Blue pedals seriously impressed us upon their launch back in 2012 - so much so, the Red landed a spot on our guide to the best distortion pedals - and now the company has announced downsized Mini versions.
Both pedals feature a staggering number of features - here’s the scoop from Bogner:
- True bypass
- Boost function with independently lit volume and gain controls
- Master Controls: Gain, Treble, Middle, Bass and Volume
- Variac On/Off switch: adds a "dropped voltage" dynamic compression to the feel and sound
- Mode Switch: Plexi and Blue modes offer vintage lower-gain or modified higher-gain levels
- Pre-EQ Switch: B1, N and B2 settings control "openness" and presence of higher range harmonics
- Structure Switch: 100, 101 and 20th Anniversary settings offer EQ shifts and gain structures from various eras and models of Ecstasy amplifiers
- Jacks: input, output and remote
- Remote jack allows control of the on/off and boost functions via a remote switching unit
- Low Battery Indicator: LEDs blink when battery voltage drops below critical threshold
- Premium components include: Double-sided, gold-plated circuit boards, German WIMA capacitors, Japanese Nichicon capacitors and gold-plated relays, Carling switches and more
As per the originals, the Red handles the higher-gain sounds from the Ecstasy, while the Blue shoots for crunchier territory.
Sure, they’re not mini in the Mooer sense, but these guys are considerably smaller than the chunky twin-footswitch originals, and that’s good news for pedalboard real estate.
The Ecstasy Red and Blue are available from 19 November for $199 each. Pay a visit to Bogner Amplification (opens in new tab) for more info.