Zoom has released the H8 Handy Recorder, which the company claims is the “most adaptable mobile recorder ever made.”
‘Big words’ we hear you say. Well, with a spec list as impressive as this, it’s no wonder that few can argue with such a claim.
It’s also hard to argue that Zoom portable recorders have been the go-to solution for pros and keen enthusiasts alike, for over 20 years, and it’s a legacy that has informed the rich feature set incorporated into the H8 Handy Recorder.
Bringing together up-to-date functionality and workflow associated with modem mobile platforms and the requirements of musicians, podcasters and sound designers, Zoom has effectively designed the perfect portable recording device.
Combining an app-driven touchscreen interface with 12 tracks of simultaneous recording and interchangeable mic and input capsules, the H8 can effectively and reliably turn its hand to any audio capture situation you can throw at it.
The navigation and workflow of the touchscreen interface can adapt to either podcasting, field recording sound effects, or as a desktop audio interface. Giving you three distinctive and intuitive experiences when recording. In addition to this, you can also remotely control the H8 via an iOS device.
The H8 features the updated Capsule System 2.0 which gives you the choice of adding a variety of microphone or input attachments. Deploying the likes of the EXH-8 capsule will provide an additional four XLR inputs to the existing four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors onboard the main body.
Altogether, the H8 Handy Recorder could be the perfect addition to any multi-faceted producer’s arsenal, giving you the right tools for any job whenever you need them.
For more information on the H8 and how to buy, head over to the Zoom website.
- Customised applications for field recording, music and podcasting
- Interchangeable mic capsules
- 12-track simultaneous recording
- Four mic inputs and two XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Gain control knobs and -20dB pads for each input
- Supplied XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides secondary input via a stereo ⅛” Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Phantom power for four main XLR inputs: +12/+24/+48V
- Large colour LCD touchscreen display
- Records directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 512GB
- Up to 24-bit /96kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Auto-record, Pre-record and Backup-record functions mean that you'll never miss that perfect take
- Built-in effects, including low-cut filtering, compression, and limiting
- Multichannel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac/iPad