Yamaha Corporation has released VOCALOID5, a comprehensive solution for virtual vocal production. It is available for purchase from the official Vocaloid Shop.
Yamaha has updated VOCALOID with the largest improvements yet seen, to benefit music creators all around the world.
It’s on sale from 12 July from the VOCALOID website, with prices as follows:
VOCALOID5 Standard (4 voicebanks) - 25,000 yen
VOCALOID5 Premium (8 voicebanks) - 40,000 yen
- Over 2,000 preset phrases and audio to drag-and-drop into your song
- 11 audio effects to use within a single application
- Style function for an instant conversion to your favourite singing styles and voices
- Attack and Release effects and emotion tools to express your vocal phrases more realistically
- 3 new parameters to control vocal tension and breath amount
- 4 voicebanks (male and female, Japanese and English)
- VST, AU, external MIDI input improved for external functionality
- Compatible with VOCALOID3 & 4 voicebanks
- VOCALOID 4.5 Editor for Cubase, included support software
VOCALOID5 comes with four voicebanks (male and female, Japanese and English) - unique singing voices compatible with every genre.
- Amy: Expressive English-language female voicebank, ideal for contemporary singing. The voice boasts natural pronunciation and varied vocal tones, suited to genres from R&B to pop music.
- Chris: Authentic R&B English-language male voicebank. Capable of singing over a wide range from delicate, soft bass, to powerful, sustained high tones.
- Kaori: Japanese-language female voicebank with a soulful vocal quality. Long vocal sustains make it perfect for powerful singing.
- Ken: Sharp, clear Japanese-language male voicebank, with a light vocal quality that’s ideal for singing J-pop.
Four additional voicebanks included in the Premium version!
VOCALOID5 Premium comes bundled with the VY1 Japanese-language female voicebank, VY2 Japanese male voicebank, CYBERSONGMAN II English-language male voicebank, and the CYBER DIVA II English female voicebank. A total of eight singers means a wider range of vocal expression.
Available for purchase from the official Vocaloid shop.