RECORDING WEEK 2022: You’ve honed your production skills, nailed your workflow and now you’re ready to upgrade that old interface you’ve been using since your teens.
Whether it’s delivering crystal-clear stems for your latest project or needing serious equipment for a crucial make-or-break session, Focusrite’s premium interface range, Clarett+, is the perfect choice for discerning musicians and producers looking to take the next step on their journey to production enlightenment.
Focusrite are no strangers to audio tech and have been making mic preamps for over 30 years and the Clarett+ range features their best pro-quality pres to-date - allowing you to capture clear and powerful recordings that bring masses of headroom, low distortion and ultra-low noise.
Clarett+ features “Air”, a premium, relay-controlled analogue circuitry on every preamp emulating the classic Focusrite ISA 110 by switching the impedance to 2.2kΩ and adding two cumulative high shelves, totalling a 4dB boost in the high frequencies.
Plug instruments straight in with JFET instrument inputs to preserve the natural tone of your guitar, just like plugging into an amplifier. Just load up your favourite amp simulator plugin - like the bundled Marshall Silver Jubilee 2555 by analogue-modelling experts Softube – and get recording.
Focusrite’s independent A-D and D-A converters bring you closer than ever to your music and lets you hear the truth, whether you're in the studio or on the road. Greatly improved D-A dynamic range enables you to hear every detail and have greater control over your mix. Lower A-D converter distortion lets you capture signals with more clarity, for greater transparency and sonic accuracy.
The Clarett+ range accompanies you as you grow and is expandable using ADAT, so you can connect devices such as the Clarett+ OctoPre for an expanded multi-input tracking environment.
- Pure-sounding 10-in / 4-out audio interface for the recording artist.
- Clarett+ 2Pre is the audibly impressive, pure-sounding, bus-powered USB-C interface for PC and Mac to inspire musicians on their creative journey
- Two professional-quality Clarett+ mic preamps featuring All-analogue Air with impedance switching and relay control.
- Two JFET instrument inputs allows the user to plug straight in and preserve the natural tone of their guitar, just like plugging into an amplifier.
- Independent A-D and D-A converters offer a greatly improved D-A dynamic range and lower A-D converter distortion.
- Clarett+ 2Pre is expandable using ADAT inputs.
- Versatile and sonically true 18-in / 8-out audio interface for the complete creator.
- Clarett+ 4Pre is the studio-grade audio interface for PC and Mac, designed for music makers who demand the highest quality while recording and mixing their audio creations.
- Four professional quality Clarett+ preamps featuring all-analogue Air.
- New and improved A-D and D-A converters, which deliver extremely low noise, low distortion, and high dynamic range.
- Two improved, powerful, transparent analogue headphone outputs.
- Two dedicated, ultra-high-impedance JFET instrument inputs and extremely wide audio bandwidth.
- Clarett+ 4Pre is expandable using ADAT optical input.
- Powerful studio-grade 18-in / 20-out audio interface for the established producer
- Eight professional-quality Clarett+ preamps featuring All-analogue Air, that bring masses of headroom, low distortion, and ultra-low noise.
- New and improved A-D and D-A converters that deliver extremely. low-distortion, low-noise audio with high dynamic range.
- Two powerful improved, powerful, transparent analogue headphone outputs.
- Clarett+ 8Pre is expandable with ADAT optical input and output.
- Clarett+ OctoPre, a professional-quality 8-in/8-out ADAT microphone preamp with eight dedicated channel inserts and eight professional quality, low distortion, low noise mic preamps for the adaptable engineer.
- Add Clarett+ OctoPre to a 2Pre, 4Pre or 8Pre to expand your I/O easily and consistently via ADAT, so that you can record a whole band together while maintaining analogue purity and clarity as well as bringing the classic Focusrite Studio Console sound to your recordings.
All Clarett+ audio interfaces run on rock-solid driver software for PC and Mac, bringing cross-platform compatibility that competitors lack. In addition, all new interfaces come with “Hitmaker Expansion” , a software collection that includes mixing plugins and virtual instruments from industry-leading developers like Antares, Softube, Brainworx and XLN Audio — plus DAWs from Ableton Live Lite and a three-month subscription to Avid Pro Tools Artist and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle - Focusrite provide all the tools needed to create your very best mixes.
The Clarett+ range is available at focusrite.com and all good audio equipment retailers.