Get the cover image for your desktop here.
7.9GB OF CONTENT ON THE DUAL-LAYER DVD
• Intelligent Devices MegaDelayMassCM
An amazing 100-tap feedback delay plug-in for Mac and PC is yours free with CM145! As well as typical echoes, this crazy processor is capable of all manner of madness, including reverb-style washes of sound and IDM-esque 'bouncing ball' effects.
• 1954 24-bit CM Guitar samples
Our exclusive collection of guitar samples gives you all the six-string loops, chords and multis you'll ever need, all in WAV and CMplay formats!
• Producer Masterclass tutorial and video: King Charles
We catch up with the classically-trained indie folkster, at home and in the studio, to find out how he gets his distinctive sound. Watch our video to see how his song Love Lust was transformed from a rough demo into a professionally-mixed track!
IN THE MAG
• Vintage Sounds
Classic sound design and retro production techniques made easy! Emulate old-school drum machines, synths, samplers, tape machines and more with our guide to recreating vintage studio sounds in software.
• The CM Guide to FL Studio 9
We explore the major new features of Image-Line's DAW, getting to grips with sidechaining, volatile linking and the new instruments and effects.
• Into The Groove
Inject some of that elusive human feel into your tracks with our guide to applying groove, swing and shuffle.
• Focus on Hardcore
Learn how to create a bangin' hardcore dance track! Find out what goes into a hardcore beat, how to make a massive bass stab noise, how to use ear-catching vocal processing, methods of making your track flow musically, and more!
• Andy Gray interviewed
From the Big Brother theme tune to The Matrix Reloaded, you'll have heard Andy Gray's productions one way or another. CM catches up with the busiest man in music to talk music technology.
Novation Launchpad • Image-Line FL Studio 9 • Native Instruments Absynth 5 • Cakewalk V-Studio 100 • 112dB Redline Equalizer • Intelligent Devices MegaDelayMass • Soniqware MT-1 • Synthogy Ivory Upright Pianos …and more
• 'Cloud Busting: Get yourself on SoundCloud and open a whole new musical world
• Guitar Lab: We revisit some of our most pertinent tips, tricks and techniques
• Synth Essentials: Layering LFOs with synth scientist Scot Solida
• Off The Dial: rachMiel explores the place between gridded and gridless music
• The Easy Guide: We delve deeper into minor keys and scales
• The Burning Question: When should I upgrade my operating system
• And much more!
You can order this issue (as well as recent back issues) by calling 0870 837 4773 in the UK, +44 1858 438795 everywhere else, or emailing email@example.com.
Subscribe to Computer Music now and save over 23% (UK only) at the following address: