Music For All launch imminent
New organisation Music for All is to be launched to the public at a ticket-only fundraising dinner and auction at Madame Tussauds on Friday 23 November. '70s rock legends Argent will be headlining the event, coming together for a one-off performance to help launch MFA.
Some of the incredible items in the auction include:
· A drumming master-class with Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
· A Roland TD-20K V-Drums kit signed by Omar Hakim
· A Taylor 714ce acoustic guitar signed by Joe Walsh
· An Akai MIDI pad controller signed by Genesis
· A Fender Telecaster signed by Status Quo
· Katie Melua's Crafter guitar
· A Roland Fantom-X7 keyboard signed by Cliff Richard
· An Ozark deluxe electro-acoustic guitar with cutaway model 3770 signed by Newton Faulkner
The mandate of Music for All is simple - to create more opportunities for people to understand and experience the joys and benefits of music making. Recent research has confirmed a significant demand for learning to play: over 15 million people wish to learn an instrument or return to playing music. Our aim is to help, by developing a range of projects that inspire, educate and enable more people to play music. These projects will be aimed at all ages, from school children to retirement age.