NAMM 2013: CME XKey MIDI controller offers polyphonic aftertouch
NAMM 2013: CME has unveiled a new slimline MISI controller keyboard with a difference. The 25 keys don't have much travel, but they are velocity sensitive and also offer polyphonic aftertouch.
This means that the XKey might have considerable expressive potential, and it also has the benefit of being class-compliant with not only Mac and PC but also iOS and Android devices.
Check out the specs below or on the CME website. We'll have more on the XKey as we get it – we hear that the price is set to be around $100.
CME XKey official information
Xkey, the next generation of professional music keyboards
3.6 mm slim edge, elegant aluminium frame, light and portable.
Professional velocity sensitivity, polyphonic aftertouch, high resolution PitchBend.
USB MIDI compliant with iPad, Android tablet/phone, Microsoft Surface Pro, Mac and PCs.
Perfect for mobile music creation, studio recording, and live performance.
- Ultra slim design and light design
- 25 standard size keys
- Professional velocity sensitivity and polyphonic aftertouch
- USB MIDI compliant
- PitchBend buttons with high resolution of pressure sensitivity
- Modulation button with continuous MIDI control data
- Octave +/- and Sustain buttons
- USB powered
- Firmware updatable via USB, ready for new features.
Size and Weight
- Height: 5.31 inches (135 mm)
- Width: 15.27 inches (388 mm)
- Depth: 0.62inches (16mm)
- Weight: 1.32 pounds (600g)