db Audioware DMXIS: create your own light show
PRESS RELEASE: db audioware, in partnership with ENTTEC, has released DMXIS - a revolutionary new lighting control system for artists and performers.
Operating as a VST or AU plug-in, DMXIS allows artists to add stunning light shows to their musical performance - from within their favourite Mac or PC host application - with perfect synchronisation.
Lighting controllers are usually designed by lighting professionals for theatrical use. In contrast, DMXIS has been designed by audio experts for use by performers, bands and DJs. The DMXIS software is as easy to operate as any regular audio plug-in, and the light show now becomes a natural extension to the audio project.
DMXIS can also run as a standalone application, effectively turning a Mac or PC into a highly flexible and cost-effective lighting desk. For simple on-stage control, DMXIS works with any standard footswitch, allowing live performers to step through their preset light show. Alternatively, performers who need a finer level of control can optionally operate DMXIS via a MIDI control surface.
Included with the product is a professional USB-to-DMX hardware interface designed by ENTTEC, which can control any DMX compatible lights, from traditional dimmers to intelligent LED lights.
DMXIS opens up the exciting world of DMX lighting to everyone, and when combined with the latest generation of affordable and easy to use LED lights, it is the easiest way for anyone to add professional looking lighting effects to their show.
DMXIS software features:
- Support for OS X (10.4 or better) and Windows (XP or better)
- Hardware style user interface is quick to learn and easy to use
- Create static looks, dynamic chases & moving effects with smooth cross-fades
- Intuitive tempo-based approach, for perfect synchronisation of lighting & music
- VST & Audio Unit plug-in allows completely automated light shows
- MIDI Learn and footswitch input allows manual control of lights
Hardware interface features:
- Outputs one DMX-512 universe (512 channels of control)
- Full microprocessor control (guarantees reliable DMX operation)
- 1500V full isolation (protects computer from surges)
- 3 and 5 pin DMX outputs (compatible with any DMX-512 light fixture)
- Powered directly from the USB cable
- Footswitch input for easy scene switching
DMXIS costs €189.
For more information, visitwww.enttec.com/dmxis
Information taken from official press release
Submit press releases
Email your press release to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter
The free MusicRadar newsletter serves up the week's biggest artist and product news stories alongside exclusive tuition and gear reviews. Sign up here!
Follow MusicRadar on Twitter
Get instant updates and bonus content plus chat with the team. Start here!