Whether your choice of festive feet-up reading is the TV Guide or the Radio Times, the first thing any self-respecting music fan does when sat slumped with his/her favourite TV listings guide is see what music goodness can be gleaned from this yuletide.
Or make that did.
Today's world of iPlayer, RapidShare and YouTube means the above activity isn't quite the surprise selector of random musical treats it once was.
Where previously a muso's heart would skip a beat when learning of the Boxing Day showing of that episode of The Muppets with Debbie Harry on it, today you can download that and pretty much anything else when you want and on what gadget you want.
So today's Advent Calendar entry is a blend of the above two scenarios - the nostalgiathon that is the 'special Christmas episode' of your favourite TV show and the future proof easy access of the YouTube clip which means you can watch whatever the hell you want.
And boy have we - or rather the clever fellas at Classic Showbiz Television via the ever-brilliant WFMU Beware of the Blog - chosen some musical treats for you.
So happy viewing - and remember, touch that dial whenever you want.
- The Monkees Christmas Episode (1967)
- Johnny Cash Christmas Special (1977) feat. Roy Orbison and Andy Kaufman!
- Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (1978)
- Pee Wee's Playhouse - Christmas Special feat. Grace Jones and Little Richard!
- Sesame Street Christmas featuring Michael Jackson!
- A Solid Gold Christmas (1982) featuring Sister Sledge and Alvin and the Chipmunks!
- The Carpenters Christmas Special (1977)
- The Star Wars Holiday Special w/original ads (1978) (hey, it's got Jefferson Starship in it)
- Johnny Cash's Country Christmas (1976)
And finally from 1965, The Dangerous Christmas of Red Riding Hood featuring Vic Damone and Liza Minnelli with - steady… - Eric Burdon and The Animals. You have to watch this.