"Optimal versatility: Independent EQ’s and Two-Rock design engineering give you new flexibility and freedom to achieve precisely the tone you want in any performance environment and for any style of music."
"A Two-Rock amp named the Onyx was the brand’s first to offer completely independent clean and lead controls on the front panel. Over time the Onyx built a strong word of mouth and became well known for its superior versatility.
"The Bi-Onyx modifies the original Onyx circuit and is built with the same concepts in mind. It reflects everything we learned in the design and build of the Onyx, and everything we heard from players who were demanding a simpler layout to give them more tonal control."
- Dual channels have independent clean and lead sections including EQ, Gain, Master, Reverb, Contour - and our newest feature, the Volume Boost
- The Volume Boost increases the volume without affecting the gain section; that is, without distorting or adding gain
- The foot switch controls the channel selection and allows you to add the volume boost to each channel.
- The front panel and foot switch LED’s match, to let you know which channel you’re on and whether the boost function is activated
- The new output transformer was developed and engineered to deliver a tighter low end and a broader range of highs and mids
- The new speaker output feature allows you to have multiple cabs in use at the same time
- We decided to install EL34’s as the stock tube in this amp, but if you prefer 6L6’s… flip the toggle in the back, install your tubes, re-bias … and you’re good to go
- Two Channel (Clean and Lead) with an independent set of controls for both channels
- Stock EL34 or optional 6L6 via rear panel switch (re-bias needed on tube changes)
- Precision power supply
- Newly designed output transformer for tighter low end and a broader range of highs and mids
- Passive loop insertion point between preamp and power stage
- 4, 8, and 16 OHM speaker outputs with parallel output option on 4 and 8 OHM outputs
- 50 and 100 watt options
- Volume boost on clean and lead – foot switchable with LED indicators on amp and pedal
- Analog spring reverb
- Dimensions: 20.5" L x 10" D x 12" H / Weight: 42 lbs for 50 watt and 49 lbs for 100 watt
- Standard cabinet is black, blonde or blue
- Bi-Onyx 50W head – MAP/MSRP: $3,295
- Bi-Onyx 100W head – MAP/MSRP: $3,595