Numark announces NV, the "intelligent" Serato DJ controller
Promising to "redefine the software/hardware experience for professional DJs," Numark has announced the NV controller. Designed for use with Serato DJ, this represents an attempt to 'visualise' said software on a hardware control surface, with its overriding philosophy being to let the DJ spend more time at the controller and less at their laptop.
To this end, there are two 4.3-inch colour screens that deliver feedback on your current performance state. These screens can display the likes of Virtual Decks, effects (FX), Cue Points, waveforms and more. There's support for 4-deck performance, with the screens also enabling you to browse your library of tracks. Other notable features include touch-activated controls and multiple pad modes.
"NV has that 'x-factor' DJs have been searching for," reckons Karl Detken, Numark Marketing Director. "It completely re-imagines the DJ experience while infinitely expanding creative performance options. Feedback elements are placed in the middle of the action, not away from it. The crowd will never again question what the DJ is doing in the booth, nor will the DJ question what they are doing with their hands."
The NV is set to go on sale this Autumn priced at $700. You can find out more on the Numark website.
- Will Numark's new controller make you the NV of your DJing friends?
- Touch-activated controls are the order of the day.
- The NV looks pretty slim.
- The controller also serves as an audio interface.
Numark NV highlights
- Intelligent Serato DJ controller with dual high-resolution screens
- 4 decks of Serato DJ software control in a sleek, low-profile design
- Screens provide 1:1 real-time feedback of Serato DJ so you can focus on the music, not the computer
- Dedicated hardware controls for critical software functions
- Touch-activated knobs provide groundbreaking control of filters, EQ, and more
- Dual 5-inch hyper-responsive metal platters with search and scratch modes
- Adaptive learning platter technology for optimum response in any environment
- 16 velocity-sensitive trigger pads with backlit RGB feedback
- 10 pad modes for hot cues, loops, song slicing, and sample triggering
- Dedicated 3-way touch-activated filter knob on each channel
- Dedicated touch-activated control of Serato's 12 professional iZotope® FX
- Built-in professional 24-bit USB 2.0 audio interface
- Zone/booth outputs and balanced XLR outputs for club use
- Plug and play with Serato DJ (included) - no upgrade purchase required
- Toolroom Records Remix Packs included (download)