Computer Music 202 - Get a Grip on Dynamics - April 2014
BUY THIS ISSUE NOW:
GET A GRIP ON DYNAMICS – MAIN TUTORIAL
We take the confusion out of compression, explain expansion, and much more in our easy-to-follow, step-by-step guide! Learn how dynamics processors really work and how to get great results from them every time.
You'll learn about:
- What all those controls on your compressor actually do!
- How to select the right compressor and dial in its settings without fuss
- Sidechaining and parallel compression
- Frequency-conscious dynamics and multiband processing
- Reducing background noise with expanders and noise gates
- Adding snap and body with transient shapers
…And much more besides.
Check outthis sample videofrom the article:
FREE ENZYME CM INSTRUMENT
- Discover the power of scanned synthesis with Humanoid Sound Systems' unique PC/Mac plugin! Find out more about this awesome instrument on the Enzyme CM page, and check it out now in this video:
DUBBA JONNY IN-STUDIO VIDEO***
- The genre-bending UK dubstepper remoulds his dancefloor-slamming track Made of Clay in this technique-packed video!(Print and Apple Newsstand editions only)
- Twisted Tools CM Pack: 1.8GB of superb hits, FX, impacts and more from sound design expertsTwisted Tools
- Bonus Classic Analogue samples: 900+ basses, leads, pads and more from the CM archives
TUTORIALS and VIDEOS
- Rinse & Repeat: Instantly improve your tracks using creative repetition and looping – PLUS VIDEO
- How to Release a Track: Fancy getting into 'the biz' for real? Here's how to get your music out there
- Sonar X3 – The CM Guide: Get up and running with the new features of Cakewalk's DAW – PLUS VIDEO
- Enzyme CM: The features explained and a track built from scratch - PLUS VIDEO
- Easy Guide: Augmented and diminished chords made understandable - PLUS VIDEO
- Keep It Real – Double bass: Programming realistic double bass parts
- AND MORE!
- Eelke Kleijn:The Dutch DJ, producer and soundtrack composer takes time out to talk tech
- UVI:We rendezvous with Alain Etchart, the Founder and Creative Manager of the French soundware giants
- Darius Syrossian: What software does this house hero use to get his sound? Find out in CM!
- Wolfgang PalmWavegenerator
- Steinberg VST Connect Pro
- Cableguys Filtershaper 3
- Acon Digital Verberate
- Acustica Audio Cooltec EQP1 Program Equalizer Suite
- axisplugins 3Q
- Subatomic Software Audulus
- PLUS 15 MORE REVIEWS
35+ PLUGINS to download with this issue
- Every issue of Computer Music comes with CM Plugins, an exclusive collection of pro-quality VST/AU instruments and effects for PC and Mac. Check out our fullCM Plugins listand theCM Plugins FAQfor more info.
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Other digital formats inc. Zinio & Google Play do not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm202 is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks