Computer Music 184, November 2012 – SOUNDTRACKS – ON SALE NOW
All editions INCLUDE software, samples, video and more – see downloads FAQ.
• Get started making epic soundtracks for TV, film and games with our huge blockbuster guide! It's packed with pro advice from the composers behind Breaking Bad, Assassin's Creed 3, and other big-name titles, and you get video for every one of our walkthrough tutorials!
• VIP Series: Komonazmuk – Exclusive pack of experimental dubstep sounds from the meticulous bass manipulator.
• Heavier Industry – Another 917 sonic bulldozers! Cranium-crushing hits, pads, FX, loops and multisamples.
• Chris Green Producer Masterclass*** – The Need For Speed composer invites us into his studio to film him at work.
• 2+ hours of tutorial videos: Expert video walkthroughs to accompany selected tutorial articles
• CM Focus – Ableton Live DJ Mixes: Craft killer mixes at your leisure with our guide to "off-line" mixing - INCLUDES VIDEO
• Taking the Lead: Write better synth leads - INCLUDES VIDEO
• Recreation Therapy: Make trance chords like those in Zedd's Spectrum - INCLUDES VIDEO
•The CM Guide to Auria: Make the most of this incredible iPad DAW
• Understanding Mid/Side: Get your head around this oft-misunderstood technique
• Bassnectar: We talk to the US bass maniac hero about software, technique and more
• Drumsound & Bassline Smith: What are their five fave bits of software for making DnB bangers?
• XILS-Lab: DSP mastermind Xavier Oudin talks tech with CM
• Cutline: Mix-making tips from the masters
•Lorne Balfe: We talk to the composer behind Assassin's Creed 3, The Sweeney and the Dark Knight trilogy
•Dave Porter: The man behind the music of Breaking Bad opens up to CM
•Stephen Baysted: A peek into the methods of a top games composer
FXpansion DCAM Dynamics // iZotope Alloy 2 // Sinevibes Array // 2CAudio B2 // Steinberg Padshop Pro // Acoustica Mixcraft Pro Studio 6 // MeldaProduction MMultiBandGranular // Overloud Mark Studio 2 // + 13 more reviews
…AND MUCH MORE!
***Producer Masterclass video is not currently downloadable. Apple Newsstand readers can watch it directly inside the app via internet streaming. Print edition includes Producer Masterclass on the DVD. Zinio does not include Producer Masterclass video.
cm184 is on sale now in the UK, Apple Newsstand and Zinio. Overseas dates for print edition are roughly: USA + 4 weeks after UK / Australia +8 weeks / Europe +2 weeks / South Africa +6 weeks / Canada +4 weeks