Function band web sites are almost always so gaudy they end up looking like Pat Butcher in a PRS showroom. And even if they’re not from the Big Jim Sullivan School Of Web Design*, most are quite antiseptic affairs that seriously undersell their product.
Yes, product. That’s what you’re selling, and the web is where you’re selling it. So this is what you need to do as a minimum to square up to the competition:
- Invest in a professionally designed web site – one gig will pay for it; it will get you many gigs
- Make sure people can find it – learn about SEO, and join function band directories
- Create a compelling experience using audio, professional photography, even a video
- Put your potential customers at ease with your site’s copy, anticipate their questions
- Differentiate yourself, even if it’s just to say you’re the best in a specific area or genre
- Use testimonials, write-ups and quotes to help convert your potential customers.
Luckily, none of this is rocket science. It takes commitment, but it reaps rewards.
* Please do not click on this link