For those who are looking to hire a studio to record or mix, or need cash to cover the costs of manufacturing, then crowd funding might well be worth considering.
Slicethepie, an online financing platform, lets artists showcase their work, build a fan base and request funds from their fans in return for incentives such as gig tickets, merchandise or even a live set in their living room. Each user is given their own profile page, which lets them showcase their music and videos to potential funders.
- A great way to fund studio time and media duplication costs
- Artists make money without having to recoup investment
- A good way of building up fan loyalty through investment
- You need to be popular before you can raise funds
- Some artists need the full amount before they can access the cash
- You’ll still need to use another service for digital distribution
Connect with MusicRadar: via Twitter, Facebook and YouTube