VirSyn's Cube synth has been doing the business for desktop users for some time, and now a version for iPad musicians has been released.
Cube Synth marries additive synthesis features to supposedly easy editing and morphing options, enabling you to create evolving soundscapes, vocal phrases or rhythms. Use one of the predefined envelopes and a complex, multi-parameter preset is automatically created - you can then make deep edits if you so wish.
At the other end of the scale, there's also a randomise option: roll the dice and see what happens.
Spec details are below. Cube Synth is available now from the Apple App Store at an introductory price of Â£6.99/$9.99. This will double in due course.
VirSyn Cube synth features
- Over 400 sound presetsâ¨
- Four morphable sound sourcesâ¨
- Up to 512 partials per voiceâ¨
- Harmonic/inharmonic spectraâ¨
- Arbitrary noise spectraâ¨
- Morphable filter banksâ¨
- 3 Envelopes with tempo syncâ¨
- 64 time/level segments per envelopeâ¨â¨
- Uses programmable sequences with up to 32 steps
- Can trigger single notes and chords
- Unique randomizer generates Arpeggios with 100% usability
- 32 Arpeggios included, unlimited user arpeggios possible
- For each step you can program tie, accent, transposition and note orderâ¨â¨
- Audiobus compatible (Output)â¨
- CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDIâ¨
- Audio recorder with Metronome
- Upload to SoundCloud and File Export
- Audio pasteboard