Calling your plugin Garbage might seem like a rather daft thing to do, but in the case of Nomad Factory's latest offering, it makes a certain amount of sense.
Developed by Dimitry Sches for Pluglivery, Garbage LSD (Lethal Sound Designer) is billed as a "damaging audio transformer plugin that can mess up any politically correct audio signal". So, although it doesn't make your audio sound rubbish, it can trash it, if that makes sense.
The plugin offers a user-adjustable signal chain and dual modulation matrix, with the modules including filters, distortion, a lo-fi processor, ring modulation, a convolution reverb, EQ and compression. It's designed for sound design, post production and even DJs.
Find out more on the Pluglivery website. Garbage LSD's full price is $129, but it's available for $49 until the end of December. It'll run on PC and Mac in VST/AU/AAX formats, and a demo can be downloaded, too.
Nomad Factory Garbage LSD features
- Filters (6 unique filter types)
- Distortion (3 distortion modes with colour adjustment)
- Lo-Fi (bit depth, sample rate and noise control)
- Ring Modulation (standard and amplitude modulation circuits)
- Convolution Reverb (Impulse Response loader)
- EQ (spectral loss EQ, reminiscent of transistor radios)
- Compression (Analog Studio Rack comp, simplified with fixed? Controls)
- Modulation Matrix (two modulators; modulate all parameters? with LFO, Envelope follower and side chain feed, and modulate? each other parameters: mod 1 and mod 2)