NAMM 2016: Whether you need to keep your music making setup portable or are just really short on space, IK Multimedia is hoping to tempt you with its iLoud Micro Monitor.
Said to be "the smallest studio reference monitoring system in the world," this comprises two bi-amplified speakers that deliver 50 watts RMS of power. Each speaker contains a 3/4-inch silk dome tweeter, a 3-inch paper cone performance woofer and a large flaring front-firing bass reflex port.
Sonically, we're told to expect "pleasing" high frequencies, an open midrange and a solid, controlled low end.
Check out the feature list below for more specifics. The iLoud Micro will be available in the second quarter of 2016 priced at €300/$300. Find out more on the IK Multimedia website.
IK Multimedia iLoud Micro features
- Two bi-amped studio reference monitors for critical audio production
- On-board 56-bit DSP for linear frequency response
- Four high performance ultra-efficient class D power amps
- 50W RMS total power
- Phase accurate - perfect stereo imaging
- Superior bass response
- 45Hz bass extension
- High and Low frequency level adjustment
- DESKTOP switch for accurate response correction when placed on desktops
- Comprehensive audio input: Bluetooth streaming, RCA, 1/8"
- Thermoplastic enclosure designed to reduce internal resonance
- Status/peak LED