NAMM 2014: Behringer has unveiled a new iPad-dock/mixer unit called the X18, which features an impressive 18 inputs, programmable MIDAS preamps and wireless control options.
The unit comes with a built-in wifi module, so it doesn't require connection to a router and there's a variety of control apps available, not to mention a virtual FX rack with simulations of classic effects, e.g. the Lexicon 480L.
Check out the press release below for the key features and head to the Behringer site for more information.
Behringer X18 press release
Ultra-Compact 18-Input, 12-Bus Digital Mixer for iPad*/Tablet with 16 Programmable MIDAS Preamps, Integrated Wifi Module and USB Audio Interface
The X18 is a powerhouse 18 input/12 bus portable mixer for iPad, and other tablets, ideally suited for both live and studio applications, thanks to its 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, convenient integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless control and onboard, lightning-speed USB Audio Interface.
The freedom to move around and manipulate all parameters of your mix with the free iOS and PC apps lets you dial in the perfect sound from anywhere in the venue – or the tracking room!
- iPad*/tablet controlled 18-input, 12-bus digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Integrated Wifi module for direct control--no need for external routers or any specialized connectors
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Virtual FX rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA)