NAMM 2008: Akai MPC5000 includes 8-track recorder
Akai Professional have added a new music production unit to the MPC line: the MPC5000. This time around, Akai have tried to eliminate the need for any external tools as this is the first MPC to include 8-track hard disk recording and a 20-voice analog synthesizer.
A sequencing engine, pad and track muting and mixing, 64 sample tracks and 12 Q-link controllers complete the new spec along with a larger effects engine. The 5000 also features a 240x128 backlit LCD display, which is twice the size of the MPC2500 and MPC1000.
- drum/phrase sampler with 64MB memory (expandable up to 192MB)
- three-oscillator virtual analog synth engine with built-in arpeggiator
- over 300 virtual analog synth presets
- 40 new effects available within a modular 4-bus effects processor
- master equalizer and compressor (includes an "old school" mode)
- 80 gig hard disk drive
- USB 2.0 port optional CD-R/DVD drive
- 240 x 128 hinged backlit LCD
- MIDI, phono, mic inputs
The MPC5000 has an RRP of $3,499, available in Q2 2008. Visit Akai Professional for more information.