LinPlug has been creating plugin instruments for 14 years, and it claims to have put all of its experience into the building of Spectral, its new top-of-the-line synth.
With a design that will be familiar to anyone who's used a subtractive synth, Spectral enables you to start with an oscillator waveform and filter shape take it from there. However, its feature set goes beyond many synths you might own; you can edit both the oscillator waveform and filter shape in-depth, and the supposedly "unique" audio engine promises sounds of the like you've never heard before.
A feature list is below, and you can buy Spectral right now for Mac and PC from the LinPlug website. It's priced at $99/€79 until the end of the year, after which the price will rise to $149/€119.
LinPlug Spectral features
- Four Oscillator and Filter modules with powerful yet detailed harmonics and filter band editing and modification functions
- Extensive Oscillator and Filter audio rate cross-modulations
- Versatile Arpeggiator with in depth editing of every step, including length, transpose, voice number and Glide
- Each Oscillator and Filter with own dedicated envelope to control its volume or frequency respectively
- Additional 3 freely assignable Modulation Envelopes
- Five LFOs with various waveforms, up to 320 Hz, tempo-sync, poly-, mono- and one-shot-mode, unipolar and bipolar options, integrated delay-attack-envelope, phase, symmetry and smoothing adjustable
- 15 slot Modulation Matrix with 35 sources and more than 100 destinations including all important parameters
- Fully recognizes Velocity, Aftertouch, Pitch Bend , Modulation-Wheel and various other MIDI controllers
- A sophisticated effects section containing 15 Effects including various Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Filter, Reverb, Flanger, Gator, Stereo Enhancer, Parametric EQ and Crusher
- Glide / Portamento featuring mono/polyphonic operation, constant Time / Rate operation, Auto-Bend Modes and detailed options on where Glide takes place
- 32-voice polyphony (CPU and sound program dependent) and adjustable voice limit
- Supports AU and VST hosts on Mac OS X and Windows PC
- Scaleable user interface on PC
- Comes with 850 presets to get you started