“After we’d done all the tracking and all the musos had gone home it was mix time. Now we were really up against it time-wise as it was four days to go until the air date.
“After catching up on some much needed sleep, we started. On the main output buss, I have a Manley Stereo Pultec EQ and before that the Manley Variable MU Limiter/Compressor. The drums overhead track went through very little extra EQ but the kick was put into the gorgeous API 7600. Dialling in the right EQ and compression for the kick was easy and a joy with the API. The snare went through Grace Designs’ M103 and it had no problem sticking out the way I wanted it to in the mix. I hardly touched the strings as I wanted to keep the natural dynamics, although I did EQ them quite a bit. Then it was time to balance the 16 outputs from Cubase into my DM2000 (V2) console and we were on the home run.”